password page is gray, download bar is frozen at 90%

• 29 November 2014
  • 20 replies

When I log into the password page, the top third of the page is gray, and there is a download bar frozen at about 90%. Cannot access passwords behind the gray area. Uninstalled webroot, reinstalled. No change, no difference.

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
When I log into the password page, the top third of the page is gray, and there is a download bar frozen at about 90%. Cannot access passwords behind the gray area. Uninstalled webroot, reinstalled. No change, no difference.
Hello gerry,

Welcome to the Community!

May I ask you if you are in your Online Account Console trying to assess your Passwords?

Awaiting your reply...Thank you,
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @ 

Would you please try the toolbar fix below, and follow the prompts, Save to your desktop and close your browser and install this link below!

Password Management Toolbar Fix Tool For PC:
http://download.webroot.com/toolbarfix.exe

Please let us know if you need more help or if I've misunderstood your issue!

Best Regards,
Hi Sherry,
Yes, I log in and go to the main password consol. I get the gray screen and frozen download bar on my main laptop (Windows 7 Home Premium), but I do not have any issues with my 2nd laptop, also W7HP.
Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Hi Sherry,
Yes, I log in and go to the main password consol. I get the gray screen and frozen download bar on my main laptop (Windows 7 Home Premium), but I do not have any issues with my 2nd laptop, also W7HP.
Thanks!
Hi gerry!

I do think you should issue a Support Ticket free of charge with a active Subscription.

But I highly suggest that you backup your passwords to a file on the your HD, Can you sign in to Password Manager in your toolbar and then export your your passwords to a CSV file? Or go onto your Console.

Let us know if you are having problems backing up your passwords. Please do this first before contacting support.

Best Regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello gerry,

Here's a graphic display.

1. Open a web browser and sign in to your SecureAnywhere account. (Click the “Webroot icon” in your browser’s toolbar, then enter your Webroot user name and password.) [img]http://sw.nohold.net/Webroot/Images/wsa_signinbar.png[/img]  
  2. Click the drop-down arrow next to Tools, select Export To. [img]http://sw.nohold.net/Webroot/Images/wsa_pmexporttomenu.png[/img]  
  3. Select one of the export options. A dialog opens that asks for your master password.  
  4. Enter your SecureAnywhere account password and click Sign In. If you selected Webroot CSV File or Webroot Encrypted File, you are prompted for a file name and a directory to store that file. If you selected a browser, our password data will be exported into the browser's built-in password manager.
To export data by using the Passwords site:
  1. Log in to my.webrootanywhere.com and click Passwords: [img]http://sw.nohold.net/Webroot/Images/wsa_passwordclickportal.png[/img]  
  2. Under MyIdentity actions, click Export data.  
  3. From the dialog, enter your SecureAnywhere master password and click OK. The Export Data dialog opens, similar to the example below. In this dialog, you can see all the information for your sites, passwords, and Form Fill profiles. [img]http://sw.nohold.net/Webroot/Images/wsa_passwordexport.png[/img]  
  4. Click Save to File or Send to Printer. [list]
  5. If you are saving a file, another dialog opens that allows you to select a file format, then click Export Data.  
  6. If you are printing, your data is saved to an HTML page and another dialog opens where you can select a printer and click OK.
[/list]Hope this helps!
Hi Sherry,
Just tried the toolbar fix you posted but it locked me out of all things Webroot; I could not even access this webboard so I uninstalled and reinstalled again just now. No difference, same gray screen, but I will reattempt the toolbar fix and let you know.
Thanks,
Gerry
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi @ 

Can you save or export your PW from your other Computer? What I'm thinking is your PWs the same in this Computer as the other one?

Can you go into Safe Mode with Networking and export from Webroot PW manager from there o see if that woud help?

I'm still going to ask you to submit a Support Ticket.

EDIT! You can also try to uninstall/reinstall one more time with these instructions.

Can you please do a clean reinstall of WSA and Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your Keycode
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if this doesn't help.

Hi Sherry,
The toolbar download from above did not result in any change. I have figured out it is an Internet Explorer issue. No problems with Firefox or Chrome. Last night I did file a service ticket, and this mornings response was a multiple step troubleshooting process; the main action request was to disable the IE extentions. I will attempt this when I have some time to focus on this.
With IE, the Webroot toolbar login works for password sign in when I go to passworded sites, but everything else Webroot related is disabled. The Webroot icon in the taskbar will open, but nothing will connect- not to community, passwords etc. To sign into Webroot with IE I must type Webroot.com into the toolbar and enter this way. Hope this helps, and thanks again!
Gerry
Hi Sherry,
Trying some of your suggestions, and for the suggestion below, Export Data is behind the "gray shield", and cannot be accessed. The gray shield extends about one third of the way down a fairly long page of passwords.
Thanks,
Gerry 

To export data by using the Passwords site:
  1. Log in to my.webrootanywhere.com and click Passwords: [img]http://sw.nohold.net/Webroot/Images/wsa_passwordclickportal.png[/img]
  2. Under MyIdentity actions, click Export data.
PS: I'll do it from  another browser.
Thanks,
Gerry
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Gerry, 

Please let us know how it goes. Maybe @ can help.

Regards,
Hi Sherry, No change on the new download; I believe that is the 4th try. I'm going to try disabling extensions next. Thanks, Gerry
Hi Sherry, All IE extensions disabled as per Tech support request; no change. Thanks, Gerry
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Hi Sherry, All IE extensions disabled as per Tech support request; no change. Thanks, Gerry
Hi gerry,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

Have you told Tech Support that this still isn't resolved? Webroot Technical Support can esculate this issue and handle this remotely.

Best Regards,

Hi Sherry,
I sent Tech Support. a message to that effect this afternoon. I also tried a freshly reformatted netbook today running IE and W7 Starter, and same thing, so certainly seems like some kind of rogue IE issue. I also got the same results using both IE9 and IE11.
Thanks,
Gerry
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Gerry!

This is very puzzling to me and especially after a format of your netbook. I do hope Webroot Technical Support can resolve this for you. You have tried everything that could be done. Your patience has to be applauded. I am more then curious to find out what thevSupport team can do for you.
I really do appreciate your feedback like you have been doing. I've never heard of this issue.and wish I had more advice. Do let us know if this gets resolved so that we may help others.

Thanks Gerry!

Best Regards
Hi Sherry, I reformatted my main laptop today, and no change. I get the gray screen with IE, and all extensions disabled (new installation), but no issues with Chrome or Firefox. I too hope Support comes up with something! Best, Gerry
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Gerry,

Sorry about all the trouble you've gone through! Hopefully Webroot Support can fix this gray screen.

Are you saying that you can get into password manager with Chrome and FF? Or do you still have gray screen there as well?

Best Regards,
Hi Sherry,
Yes, i can get into password manager no problem with Chrome and firefox. This is, as i have discovered, an Internet explorer issue.
Thanks,
Gerry

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Gerry,

Thanks for the feedback!

That's great you can get into password manager with those two browsers. Hopefully there is a fix for IE.:@

You might want to back up your passwords just the same encase things go arie.

Have a nice day Gerry:D