Password Reveal?

• 10 March 2018
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +23
Hi!

I'm having the most rotten time in trying to get this new subscription in place correctly.  Can anyone tell me if it's possible to view your Master Webroot Password, MySecureAnywhere Password and their Security Codes as it now seems that they've been duplicated and I don't know which goes with what.

Ta, Loopy x

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Hi Linda,

If you using a new keycode you will have to contact Webroot support and tell them what you did and they can move your passwords from your old keycode to your new keycode. Webroot Customer Service so put the old keycode and the new one in the Ticket and just tell them to move them over!

HTH,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 6
Badge +23
No, it's not solved!

Sorry but, ...... I contacted support who promptly dissapeared and came back with a very long winded message which has got me totally baffled and lost!!! They said that I needed to back up my passwords, export them to a CSV file, and to add the new keycode - again - but now I'm being red flagged because it seems I've got duplicate Master passwords
and although according to the Webroot 'dashboard', the new keycode is already there and the product is working OK, it was nowhere to be seen on the console and I didn't have a drop-down any more to manage the keycodes! I'm not able to log on to the console. To say the very least I'm really miffed at the mess I've been left in; now, I might be totally wrong, but I'm feeling a little spooked as (although I realise they must have some form of remote access to help) the support team have now asked for my phone number so they can call me back to talk me through the process, but as that's the very kind of thing we're all warned NEVER to do I wonder what I'm supposed to do now! Sorry it's so long. I know I waffle.
Userlevel 7
Hi Linda,
Many years ago I was having trouble with Backup & Sync. Support asked for my phone number in the Support Ticket and they did a remote access to help solve my problem. I'm sure they will not look at any of your passwords, they may even show you how to reset your password after they are all done. I would ask on the phone what procedure they are going to do before they do it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@wrote:
No, it's not solved!

Sorry but, ...... I contacted support who promptly dissapeared and came back with a very long winded message which has got me totally baffled and lost!!! They said that I needed to back up my passwords, export them to a CSV file, and to add the new keycode - again - but now I'm being red flagged because it seems I've got duplicate Master passwords
and although according to the Webroot 'dashboard', the new keycode is already there and the product is working OK, it was nowhere to be seen on the console and I didn't have a drop-down any more to manage the keycodes! I'm not able to log on to the console. To say the very least I'm really miffed at the mess I've been left in; now, I might be totally wrong, but I'm feeling a little spooked as (although I realise they must have some form of remote access to help) the support team have now asked for my phone number so they can call me back to talk me through the process, but as that's the very kind of thing we're all warned NEVER to do I wonder what I'm supposed to do now! Sorry it's so long. I know I waffle.
Sorry to hear Linda. Just to add what @ said IMO they should of moved your passwords and info over to your new keycode so I will ping @ or @ to see if they can talk to support in your behalf and get it corrected for a long time special member like you! One of them should reply tomorrow when they come back online after the weekend.

Daniel
Userlevel 6
Badge +23
Ahh thanks for that Dave, I'm wondering why it is that things can't just be eeeeasy! After all it's a 'like for like' product so you would think there'd be nothing to it, I dunno!!!! 🙂 LOL
Userlevel 6
Badge +23
Aaawwww Heyyy! You're an absolute star Daniel luv!! * 🙂 Thanks a bundle!

Loopy.
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
Hi @,
It looks like support is having trouble reaching you with the phone number they have. Please check the phone number in your ticket and they will be happy to call you and walk you through this. Thanks!
Userlevel 3
Hi,
i am happy for you & happy that The Great Community help you,You're in good hands!