Passwords

• 3 January 2014
  • 9 replies

New to Webroot and not sure what the password manager console is really for.  I don't see what the purpose of adding passwords and protected websites is for.  Have done that but what exactly does it do for me?

What purpose it it serving?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
New to Webroot and not sure what the password manager console is really for.  I don't see what the purpose of adding passwords and protected websites is for.  Have done that but what exactly does it do for me?

What purpose it it serving?
Hello again 🙂  Great question!  (Hopefully I have a very good answer....)

Personally, I LOVE it.  Once I am signed into the Password Manager in my browser of choice (It works with Chrome, Firefox and IE), I don't have to manually log into the websites that I use most, as it does it for me.  

That is convenient!

The Passwords that I use for things such as banking sites, PayPal, etc are very long and complex.  I didn't create them, I let the Password Manager generate function do that for me.  VERY secure passwords that are far more difficult to hack than anything I would have come up with myself.  

That is very secure.

By having Password Manager log into websites for me, in the event that any malware did happen to infect me and not be caught (that has yet to happen in my 2 years of using WSA), it would do no good to try to capture my keystrokes while logging into sites as the keyboard isnt used.

That is REALLY secure.

In the event that you forgot what a password is for  particular site, and you are NOT at your own computer (And so you do not have Password Manager to rely on), you can simply log into the Account Console and look it up.  From anywhere in the world, securely.

That is "Secure Anywhere".  :)

I hope this helps explain some of the benefits of it, at least why I like it.
So you access those sites through the password console and it generates a password?  

Sounds like a great way to keep sensitive info very safe from hijack.

I tried it from the console but it says I don't have the Webroot Toolbar installed.  I have Webroot Secure Anywhere Internet Security.  Does this version have the toolbar?

Thanks
Userlevel 7
Hey DrewP95 - You can use the Toolbar Installer to resolve this. :D
Well, I installed the Webroot Toolbar from your message.  Still get the same message.  Says may not log you into site because Webroot Toolbar not installed.  I got a message that it was installed.   ??
Userlevel 7
Hi Drew :)

Do you have the WSA-AV?  The Passwords feature is only available on the Internet Security Plus and Complete editions.  I SHOULD have noticed that before when you first posted about Passwords!
I have Internet Security +.  Still having problems.   I swithced to Google Chrome browser and still not able access sites through password console.    With IE it tells me Toolbar isn't installed, although I did install it.  With Google + I geet nothing.  Click on a site and nothing happens, no message, nothing.
Userlevel 7
Hi Drew..

Quick question: your current key code is for Internet Security, but is that the ONLY key code you have ever used?  Have you ever used a trial key code or an old now expired one?
I believe it is the only one.  Still no luck with Auto Log in through the Password console. 
Userlevel 7
Were you able to get the Password Toolbar installed into your browser?