PC seems significantly slower after installing Antivirus for Gamers.

• 9 October 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge +3
Product: Antivirus for Gamers

New user here, decided to give this ago given how much publicity it's been getting as being one, if not the lightest AV out there for PC Gaming.

First impression is not great to be honest, PC seems significantly slower now, doing simple tasks like opening up Windows Explorer, or running any application is much slower compared to having Windows Defender.

It seems to get better the more I use my PC, but right after rebooting my PC, I was impressed at how much slower everything seemed to be.

Is there a cause for this? I'm thinking about moving completely off Windows Defender, but now I'm having some serious second thoughts.

Specs:

Intel Core i7-3770

8GB of DDR3 RAM

AsRock Z77 Extreme4

Radeon R9 Fury

SAMSUNG 850 Evo SSD

Plextor M3 Pro SSD

Windows 10 Enterprise (1903)

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @slackeritguy,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Sweet System/Computer that you have. You shouldn't being having any slow downs with your computer to say the least.

Would you want to do a uninstall/ reinstall of Webroot to see if Webroot might be the cause of this issue that you are having? Because most of the time a reinstall will fix Webroot . Unless you have some Unknown or False Positives that Webroot is detecting you might need Support to whitelist these for you. But you can try this below:

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue? If not then please Submit a Support Ticket and Webroot Technical Support can get to the bottom of this for you. Free of charge with your Webroot Subscription.

Hope this helps?
Sherry
Badge +3
Thanks for the response @Ssherjj

Unfortunately that didn't fix the issue for me, I went ahead and contacted technical support.

Have a great day!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thanks for the response @Ssherjj

Unfortunately that didn't fix the issue for me, I went ahead and contacted technical support.

Have a great day!

You are most welcome! Sorry that the reinstall didn't work to fix your issue.

If you get a chance please let us know the outcome won't you?

Thanks! 🙂
Badge +3
@Ssherjj will do! thanks again