Plus HD Malware Webroot will not remove

• 14 January 2014
  • 1 reply

I have a problem with my PC regarding a Malware called Plus HD. I purchased Webroot to remove it as I could not remove it in the add/remove in Windows 8.1. One day later it is back and now webroot will not even detect it.
Does anybody know whats going on? It seem like the developers at Plus HD are ahead of those at Webroot.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi dks23

Welcome to the Community Forums...:D

Unfortuantely, I believe that given the nature of your 'idea' you are actually posting in the wrong part of the Forums.  This is really a topic for the 'Discuss' area...but whilst yo are here let's see what we can do to help. ;)

Whilst Webroot prevents and also cleans/removes much malware it does not do so for all...for many reasons amongst which we have...it is not safe to do so/manual intervention is better, and this may be a case of that.  To check this out and get the help that you need I recommend that you Open a Support Ticket and provide Webroot Support with the details.  They should be able to identify the correct course of action and help you take it...and if it transpires that WSA should have been able to remove the malware but has not in this case then they will be interested to understand why and so look to improve WSA in the process. ;)

I recommend that you do this as soon as possible