PRINTING THE USER MANUAL

• 21 October 2014
  • 20 replies

Where do I find the user manual in order to print out?

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello Dennisarch, welcome to the Webroot Community!

I am  not sure if there is a printable version of the user guide, but here is a link to an online User Guide.

I hope this helps a bit!
Userlevel 7
The only printable one I can find is: http://www.webroot.com/En_US/SecureAnywhere/PC/WSA_PC_Help.htm
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Where do I find the user manual in order to print out?
Hello DENNISARCH,

May I also add to shorTcircuiTs reply. I don't know if this is prnitable but here is another User Guide as well.

OOPS ProTruckDriver beat me to that one! Thank you ..;)

Best Regards,
Userlevel 7
Thanks Dave and Sherry!  I couldn't find that link....   (Adding it to my own text file of commonly used/needed WSA links now!)
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Thanks Dave and Sherry!  I couldn't find that link....   (Adding it to my own text file of commonly used/needed WSA links now!)
Hello David And Dave 

There is a PDF  User Guide form 2013.. Is this one any good? http://download.webroot.com/WSAUserGuide_PC_8.0.2.pdf
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Hello David And Dave 

There is a PDF  User Guide form 2013.. Is this one any good? http://download.webroot.com/WSAUserGuide_PC_8.0.2.pdf
While there have been changes over the last couple of years since the 2013 version came out... chances are pretty good a lot of the info in that is still relevant.  It would be better to have a newer guide of course, but this is better than nothing and a good start point I think
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Hello David And Dave 

While there have been changes over the last couple of years since the 2013 version came out... chances are pretty good a lot of the info in that is still relevant.  It would be better to have a newer guide of course, but this is better than nothing and a good start point I think
HI David,

I know awhile back Daniel and I were trying to find a more recent PDF and this is all we could come up with from 2012 to 2013. I find this to be informative as well!!

How do we get updated version you know?:@
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Hello David And Dave 

HI David,

I know awhile back Daniel and I were trying to find a more recent PDF and this is all we could come up with from 2012 to 2013. I find this to be informative as well!!

I do know how to get a new version...

Oh @...... The technical writing staff need a new project?  :)
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Hello David And Dave 

HI David,

I do know how to get a new version...

Oh @...... The technical writing staff need a new project?  :)
I was going to do @ but I waited for you because you like to do this to Nic!! LOLs:D
Userlevel 7
Sherry, 

As an alternative, and to take a little of the pressure off our good Community Admin, you can start an Idea noting the need for updated User Guide material, especially in the form of a printable PDF.  I know I will toss a Kudo on it 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Let me see what I can find out 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Ok so it's on a our tech writer's project list, but I don't have an ETA unfortunately.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Great News Nic!

Sounds like a start! Thanks!
Userlevel 7
That's a start, sounds good to me. Thanks nic. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
A printable user manual is a great idea but I was a bit surprised that there was not one already. I know I would not use but quite a lot of people like to have an actual manual for things.
Userlevel 7
I forgot to welcome DENNISARCH to the Webroot Community Forum, 

DENNISARCH.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention and it looks like you got the ball rolling on this subject.

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
A printable user manual is a great idea but I was a bit surprised that there was not one already. I know I would not use but quite a lot of people like to have an actual manual for things.
Hi JTR,

I do a lot of reading on the internet but manuals for software I like to get them in print. It saves me time going from window to window when I want to do something with that software.
Userlevel 7
Thank you Nic!  On the To Do List but No ETA is far far better than not even on the radar 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Thank you Nic!  On the To Do List but No ETA is far far better than not even on the radar :)
Sure thing - apparently she's waiting on some info from the dev side of the house, which is why she can't give me a timeframe.
Userlevel 7
Much as I agree with what Jasper has said I reluctantly have to point out or rather ask how many people really use them in all honesty? I save a copy of just about every user manual I can related to not only software but other items too...and if I am truthful I look at them onceor twice, promise myself that this tiem I will make an effort to read the relevamt parts of the document...and never do.

Net result...waste of disk space in my opinion and much better, where possible, to have context sensitive help or user manual text...then one gets the right bit of information at the right time and for the right element of the product they need it for.

Well, that is my take on the subject and oncein plave it is relatively easy to update/keep current.

Regards,Baldrick