Solved

Privatefirewall + WSA = compatible?

• 18 June 2013
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi,

Is privatefirewall from privacyware compatible with WSA? It is said to have keylogging and many other proactive protection along with a hips. I was wondering if it would work smoothly with WSA.

Best Wishes,
Amit
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 20 June 2013, 05:49

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
I know I have seen users using these together before without issues, so I would say yes.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yes I've seen many use that combo without issues just make sure not to block any WSA processes to the system or to the internet with the HIPS & Firewall. ;)

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Thanks guys. One last thing, are there any overlapping between the two in terms of features and protections? I mean I can't use Online Armor with WSA because some of their features and protections are common and causes conflict. Is it the case with These two? I'm afraid of hidden conflicts. Best Wishes, Amit
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I don't really know as I never tried it but I have seen many use the Combo so give it a try and let us know for sure before you upgrade your system!;)

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Okay will do.
Userlevel 7
I'm using the combo for two days now. Seems perfectly compatible. Thanks for all the assurances guys.:)
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@Amit wrote:
I'm using the combo for two days now. Seems perfectly compatible. Thanks for all the assurances guys.:)
Is it light? Keep testing then you will know when you upgrade! :D

Daniel
Userlevel 7
It's very light. The installer is 3mb. I've set it to training. And minimal pop-ups now. Feels light. Yup the upgrade is gonna be sweet and if the combo sets in my system will fly light and strong.:)