Problem with Chrome

• 9 October 2013
  • 16 replies

I have a problem with Chrome and Webroot Secure Anywhere Antivirus. When I reach site: www.gastronomos.gr with Firefox and Internet Explorer Webroot blocks the connection because of a known threat and so on. In Chrome I reach the site normally and no blocking from Webroot what so ever. Why is that?

16 replies

Userlevel 7
I think it's due to new Web shield because as alreayd said this shield works in FF and IE but not in Chrome and I add also Opera. That's probably reason why you can access this site in Chrome but not in FF and IE.
Userlevel 7
As @ said, the web shield doesn't work in Chrome yet. And I haven't received the web shield yet. I can visit the site no prob.:D
Userlevel 7
@PIInfinity wrote:
As @ said, the web shield doesn't work in Chrome yet. And I haven't received the web shield yet. I can visit the site no prob.:D
Just a hint, try to run a scan if it helps to get the new shield. In my case it worked. ;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@PIInfinity wrote:
Not even the 2013 Shield in HTTP Bing or Yahoo search?

Daniel

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Chrome is supported as DavidP1970 uses Chrome and the new Web Filter works great for him! Maybe a clean reinstall will correct your issue so please Download the Installer Here and make sure you have a copy of your keycode then uninstall WSA and Reboot then install with the new installer and put your keycode in and let it finish it's install scan then reboot again and open your browsers to make sure the extensions are installed if not you might not have the new Web Shield as they are rolling it out slowly.

Also see here for support Browsers with the new Web Shield: http://www.webroot.com/En_US/SecureAnywhere/PC/WSA_PC_Help.htm#C1_GetStarted/CH1a_Installing.htm#kanchor3

HTH,

TH
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Chrome is supported as DavidP1970 uses Chrome and the new Web Filter works great for him! Maybe a clean reinstall will correct your issue so please Download the Installer Here and make sure you have a copy of your keycode then uninstall WSA and Reboot then install with the new installer and put your keycode in and let it finish it's install scan then reboot again and open your browsers to make sure the extensions are installed if not you might not have the new Web Shield as they are rolling it out slowly.

Also see here for support Browsers with the new Web Shield: http://www.webroot.com/En_US/SecureAnywhere/PC/WSA_PC_Help.htm#C1_GetStarted/CH1a_Installing.htm#kanchor3

HTH,

TH
Thanks for the clarification! :D
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Not a Problem but as we can see Opera is not listed. :(

Daniel
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Not a Problem but as we can see Opera is not listed. :(

Daniel
Yeah, it would be great if it could work in the both Operas' (Presto and Chromium based). Maybe Jim can shed more light ...
Userlevel 5
I don't have the new web shield as per the screenshots TH posted in another thread, but I do get the alert in Firefox on the website mentioned by the OP.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I have a problem with Chrome and Webroot Secure Anywhere Antivirus. When I reach site: www.gastronomos.gr with Firefox and Internet Explorer Webroot blocks the connection because of a known threat and so on. In Chrome I reach the site normally and no blocking from Webroot what so ever. Why is that?
It looks like your still on the old Web Shield as I see no issues with the website except for the age of it and the New Web Shield does not block it.

HTH,

Daniel

Userlevel 5
I'm slightly confused.

I thought we were saying the block on that with the new web shield works in IE and Firefox, but not Chrome and Opera. I was saying I don't think I have the new shield, due to not having the extension or additional files, but I still get a block in Firefox.

Think I need to lie down...
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I'm slightly confused.

I thought we were saying the block on that with the new web shield works in IE and Firefox, but not Chrome and Opera. I was saying I don't think I have the new shield, due to not having the extension or additional files, but I still get a block in Firefox.

Think I need to lie down...
Tony PM sent!

Daniel
Userlevel 5
@ wrote:
Tony PM sent!
Received and replied.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Just a hint, try to run a scan if it helps to get the new shield. In my case it worked. ;)

Ran a scan. Nothing.:(
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Not even the 2013 Shield in HTTP Bing or Yahoo search?

Daniel

Nope.:(
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
IE should still work as it was for me on HTTP Bing & Yahoo.