Solved

Problem with videos

• 24 October 2012
  • 5 replies

After installing Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ - Antivirus i have a problem watching videos ex. Youtube, Myvideo they seem to stuck and slow playing. Is it just me or what?
icon

Best answer by MikeR 30 October 2012, 15:19

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello JohhnyBe and welcome to the Webroot community!

I don't have problem playing streamed videos on any website (having WSA Complete). However it could be due to some kind of a specific issue on your side. Hence can you write into support http://www.webrootanywhere.com/service.asp to let them have a look in logs which are automatically collected from your system when sending the support ticket?
while i was trial-ing webroot i had the sam problem, youtube would stutter if internet/web shield was enabled.
Userlevel 7
There have been recent fixes to the shields and this should not be occuring. Please check what version you are on by opening SecureAnywhere and navigating to My Account and then Version. For testing purposes, please right-click SecureAnywhere from the system tray and shut it down (temporarily of course).

Do the Youtube videos play once SecureAnywhere is shut down?
I uninstalled it because trial expired so i cant check anything. I will trial webroot again in january  when my company's licence for other "unnamed" antivirus software expires just wanted to see if anything was done and if it's a known problem.
Userlevel 7
I am happy to hear that you will try SecureAnywhere again.

Please feel free to Send me a Private Message and I can personally make sure everything is running on your system and that you are comfortable with your setup. ;)

And if you find that you like it, maybe you will want to recommend it to your company or IT department.

Here's are some business trials and our phone number just in case:

SecureAnywhere™ Business – Endpoint Protection

Webroot Web Security Service

Call:  1-800-870-8102