Solved

Question about multi-license version of Webroot SAAV

Userlevel 1
What I'd like to know is, do the users of a multi-license version have to live in the same household? I'd like to get the multi-license version and give one license to my mom and use one myself. Thing is though, we live in different households. (same city though). I know Symantec is very strongly opposed to people using multi-license versions of Norton in multiple locations, however Kaspersky is fine with it. After using the trial for the latest Webroot offerings I would much prefer to get this over Kaspersky, as the big K is such a nasty system resource hog.
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 4 January 2013, 05:21

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Webroot doesn't mind if you spread out your licenses over multiple locales. In fact, that's one of the great things about the online console. When you install the agent on say, grandma's computer, for instance, you can manage it from your own computer at home if she needs any assistance. I actually do this with my own grandmother's license seat since she's not technologically inclined.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello frozensmurf and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.

I do the same with my online console and look after my family's computers there not as tech savvy or as secure as I wanted them before putting WSA on there systems. ;)

TH
Userlevel 1
Thanks, great to know! Now if I was just able to actually purchase a copy from the online store, I'm getting "stuck" on the verify address part and it also says "Austrailia/APAC" in the top right corner despite me being in Canada. I have a support ticket in so hopefully I'll be able to buy soon. Cheers from the Great White North! 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Just use the US link http://www.webroot.com/En_US/sites/2012-best-deals-of-year.html as I live in Canada also! ;)

TH
Userlevel 7
Hello frozensmurf, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. 😃
Userlevel 1
Thanks, that link seems to be normal. Question though, in the 'details' part of that, it says the current sale is only for the continental US 50 states, but does it also count for us Canucks? I also can't find the 3 license version on there, although I only really need 2 so I guess I could just get 2 single licenses @ 9.99 each. sorry if I seem incredibly noobish here, but I only ever buy stuff on Steam, not used to shopping online anywhere else! 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Have a look here but make sure what features that you want and it's good for us Canucks eh as I got a few! 😃 http://www.webroot.com/En_US/sites/land-holiday-2012.html?utm_source=community&utm_medium=community&utm_campaign=community & my suggestion if you want for 3 pcs is Webroot SecureAnywhere Internet Security Plus.

HTH,

TH
Userlevel 1
Thanks for the help folks, got everything sorted out and running SecureAnywhere now! I didn't notice just how many options there were when I tried the trial version before, holy smokes there's just tons of configuration options, love it!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Great to hear if you have any Questions feel free to ask!

TH
Userlevel 7
Frozensmurf, we should have the incorrect Australian label that has been appearing in the Canadian cart fixed on Monday. Thanks for bringing that to our attention!