Question about Scanning

• 1 February 2015
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Hi Guys....

Was looking over my settings and noticed my scan is set to scan for Windows threats and scan only Windows file extensions.  It is not set to scan mounted drives.  Is there a better way to set this, such as, should I set it to scan mounted drives and/or uncheck to scan for file extensions only?  

When I installed Webroot, I went with the pre-sets;  now I'm curious if I should change the scan settings.  Any thoughts?  Tnx!

Happy February! ......Jan

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Hello
If you choose to do a Custom Scan from the PC Security menu and click Add File / Folder, you can add all of your external drives to be scanned during a custom scan. Then run your scan, and it will perform a full scan of all selected drives.
+
How do I scan my external drives?
https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/How-do-I-scan-my-external-drives/m-p/183609#M12655
Userlevel 7
Hi tearinghairout1011

If I may add to what Petrovic has advised...I am not sure I understand what you mean by "...scan is set to scan for Windows threats and scan only Windows file extensions"...but just to clarify...currently the WSA scan only scans the root drive or the one on which it detects WIndows as being installed.  There is a feature request to allow it to scan other drives as well by default but at present it is as per what Petrovice has advised.

Just to precise that the setting up of a custom scan is not retained by WSA and therefore needs to be re-entered every time you would want to run the scan combination, at least that is the case at the moment.  Therefore, also at prsent, the best approach IMHO is to initiate the scan of drives other than the root drive using the right click selection against the relevant drive's icon in Windows Explorer.

Hope that is of assistance?

Regards, Baldrick