Solved

Ransom email

• 25 October 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Two days ago I found a Ransom email that said that the “perpetrator” had installed malware called Drive By.  What made me open the email is that it had noted a password for my email I had previously used.  Today on my home phone, yes still have one, I was getting calls from my OWN number.  I did not answer.  Tonite I saw this email that says it was from AT&T with no logos and stuff stating that my account was going to be deactivated.  I have sent a message to AT&T.    I believe the perpetrator is jacking with my computer.  How do I fix this?  Can someone from Webroot look at my computer to see if it is infected?

icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 25 October 2019, 05:41

View original

3 replies

Badge +3

I forgot to say they wanted $1500.

Userlevel 7

Hello@Tammie Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum.

Please send in a Support Ticket to Webroot. When you send in a Support Ticket a Webroot Log will automatically be sent also. They will look over your logs to see what is happening on your computer.

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

HTH,

Dave.

Badge +1

Two days ago I found a Ransom email that said that the “perpetrator” had installed malware called Drive By.  What made me open the email is that it had noted a password for my email I had previously used.  Today on my home phone, yes still have one, I was getting calls from my OWN number.  I did not answer.  Tonite I saw this email that says it was from AT&T with no logos and stuff stating that my account was going to be deactivated.  I have sent a message to AT&T.    I believe the perpetrator is jacking with my computer.  How do I fix this?  Can someone from Webroot look at my computer to see if it is infected?

For me they asked $15000