Solved

Re: Bitdefender conflicts.

• 24 December 2012
  • 2 replies

I was having problems with my Bitdefender and their support gave me instructions to uninstall Webroot saying that they use some of the same processes.What should I do?The Bitdefender firewall would just shutoff every once in awhile for appearently no reason.What I did for right now is install Comodo Internet secuity pro 2013 because I never had a problem with thier firewall.If anything I would have to switch to windows firewall temporarily to allow certain things to download or do updates.I can not see uninstalling Webroot for Bitdefender.Since Webroot is better at Malware blocking and detection also I believe Comodo has a very high Malware blocking score also.

icon

Best answer by JimM 27 December 2012, 19:57

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I was having problems with my Bitdefender and their support gave me instructions to uninstall Webroot saying that they use some of the same processes.What should I do?The Bitdefender firewall would just shutoff every once in awhile for appearently no reason.What I did for right now is install Comodo Internet secuity pro 2013 because I never had a problem with thier firewall.If anything I would have to switch to windows firewall temporarily to allow certain things to download or do updates.I can not see uninstalling Webroot for Bitdefender.Since Webroot is better at Malware blocking and detection also I believe Comodo has a very high Malware blocking score also.

And maybe this issue install Bitdefender again and Submit a Support Ticket so that they can gather logs using a log gathering utility and they can give suggestions to make them more compatible or some files might need Whitelisting. But IMO WSA and Comodo will be fine and if they get along so well go with it.

TH
Userlevel 7
Bitdefender support might have suggested removing Webroot as a troubleshooting step, but I think it would have then become evident to the technician that Webroot was not the cause of the problem. Webroot will work fine alongside Bitdefender. If that is not the case, we would very much like to know so we can get that resolved. One of the best things about WSA is its ability to work properly alongside any other antivirus or firewall program. You should be fine to reinstall WSA regardless of whether you're using Bitdefender or Comodo.

That said, I'm not as confident running Bitdefender and Comodo alongside each other. I can only vouch for Webroot's third-party compatibility, but not two third-party programs with each other.