recover deleted files

• 11 October 2015
  • 6 replies

I need to recover some files I just deleted please????

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello there, welcome to the Community!

This is a silly question, but have you checked the Recycle Bin?  I do NOT mean to be insulting asking that, I have worked many years in tech support and sometimes the silly questions end up being the right one.
Userlevel 7
Not a silly question at all, David...I have forgotten to look there many a time...and then remembered.

Hi vsportella

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If you have deleted the files directly, i.e., they never went to the Recycle Bin or you have emptied the Recycle Bin then your options are limited.

If at all possible you should do nothing more on your system; if you have a chance to use another system then do so, especially with regard to what I am going to suggest next. You may, and I repeat the 'may' be able to recover some or most of the files by using one of the many free data recovery apps that can be found on the web (if you would like a list of candidates I can provide these but you will need to Private Message me to let me know, as I should not be posting that sort of information in open forum).

As I said before it is very important that you do not use your system or turn it off as everything that you do after you deleted the files in question increases the chances that the space on disk that they occupy is reused/they will be overwritten as a result. That includes using your web browser and downloading any data recovery application that you may decide to use.

Other than using a data recovery application I personally know of no other way to attempt recovery but if someone else does then hopefully they will post that.

Hope that helps

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
OK, so the only option is to use a data recovery program. I will PM you some suggestions for freeware apps that I have used before and are reliable.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
OK, so the only option is to use a data recovery program. I will PM you some suggestions for freeware apps that I have used before and are reliable.

Regards, Baldrick
Thank you Sir @!
Badge +1
Hello, maybe it is a little bit late to answer this question, but it's common that we always suffer from data loss. So we emphasize the importance of making backup. You can check your Recycle Bin and Autosave first, if you have a backup, then things are easy. While if not, you can apply data recovery tool. I think it's also a good choice, try the Bitwar Data Recovery if you'd like to, I think it's good to use.
hi, no question is silly. I did check it, nothing is there. Thank you.:(