Solved

Refund on my subscription, this is pathetic

• 16 October 2012
  • 13 replies

I had a rootkit Webroot was unable to detect. I had to download a file from Kapersky labs to remove it. What am I paying for Webroot for when it can't detect and remove all the malicious stuff out there? How can I get a refund?
icon

Best answer by MikeR 16 October 2012, 18:29

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 5
I'm sorry to hear you had this experience. You should have contacted Support who, I'm sure, would have helped you remove this particular piece of malware.

It should also be said that every anti-malware program misses something sometimes, including Webroot and Kaspersky. The beauty with Webroot though is the malware would have been cleaned up if it had been run due to the way WSA works. However, Support is there to help remove the most stubborn of cases.
Userlevel 7
Hi mansamusa,

Our virus and malware removal is 100% free. I apologize for any negative experience you have had and you can [b]TonyW for the great response! 😃
What do you mean cleaned up if it had been run? It was slowing down my internet and stopping me from getting updates. This is my 3rd bad expereince with Webroot not being able to remove malware. The first time I had to do a recovery, the 2nd time I had to buy a whole new PC and now this. This is pathetic. **bleep** having to open a support ticket and wait for one of you idiots to respond.
What do you mean it's 100% free? I've had a subscription with you idiots for 5 years now. Yesterday was the third strike for me. Never again. Webroot is a piece of **bleep** just like Norton.
Userlevel 7
Hey mansamusa,

Again, I am sorry for your frustration. Tony was pointing out that SecureAnywhere removes malware once it executes.

You have been issued a full refund.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
To bad really he didn't give support a chance with the new tools in WSA also this Video would of showed him how he could remove the malware himself without the need of other tools!

TH
Support from this community is really not that convincing.❤️

Got my refund after wasting a few days trying to get support.

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Support from this community is really not that convincing.❤️

Got my refund after wasting a few days trying to get support.

Sorry to hear Webroot didn't work out for you. Support and the Webroot Team and Volunteers on the forum try their best to answer and solve problems. We wish you the best on your new choice of security software.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Great Video Daniel. Very informative.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Your very welcome Lyle it has been posted a few times! ;)

Daniel
Userlevel 3
Badge +12
I believe the user panicked without contacting support. Webroot's support is the best. Yest, by far better than Norton's non-existent support, and better than Kaspersky's. I see posts here of people complaining b/c WRSA misidentifies or blocks something they know is safe. I recall McAfee for a long time "identifying" SnapFiles as a dangerous site - LMFAO! At least Webroot support is quick to check and whitelist as necessary. I have been using a great data retrieval program for years (before most of the current "expert" companies even began to think about data retrieval. WRSA identified it as dangerous, but when I contacted support, they took care of that problem. Folks, USE SUPPORT.
Userlevel 3
Badge +12
His loss - believe me.
Userlevel 3
Badge +12
Good luck getting a full refund from Norton, or many of the other "top rated" AV companies.