Solved

Renew Webroot Pop-up

• 24 July 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello - I already had Webroot but bought a new computer that came with Webroot in a package of other stuff. The sales guy said to not worry about it and just cancel it (the package) after one year before the annual subscription fee kicked in. Great. a couple of months before the subscription (with Webroot) that came with the computer expired, I paid my “normal” Webroot annual subscription. Great. Then a couple of months later I cancelled the package that came with the computer. Great, except I started getting a pop-up that says my Webroot subscription is cancelled and I need to renew. Not-Great. I called tech support and explained. They said do not worry, your original annual subscription is still good, valid and working. Great, however, since then I am still getting pop-ups from Webroot saying my subscription is expired and I need to renew now. So, my very long-winded question is: how the heck to I get the damn pop-up from continuing to tell me that my subscription is expired when in fact it is not? I don’t understand how it (the computer, Webroot, God) cannot see that I do in fact have Webroot installed, paid for, and functioning...and that pop-up is making me crazy even if my Webroot was expired I do not appreciate that pop-up. Thanks for your thoughts.

icon

Best answer by TylerM 25 July 2022, 15:31

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

@Basil77

This sounds like a simple keycode activation issue. You can always activate your current active subscription this way

Click that cogwheel
Copy in your active keycode and then click activate

If you need  help with any of this please contact our support

If you would like us to do this please contact our free support and we'll be more than happy to assist

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket is the best way!

Call 1-866-612-4227 Mon - Fri 7 AM to 5:30 PM (MDT)

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

I did go ahead and submit a ticket. I just don’t know how my current keycode that I have had for years is not doing the trick. It’s there, and my landing page says my subscription is active while just below it there is a message that says it has expired. So very weird. Maybe I need a completely new keycode???

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

@Basil77 

I checked and see they have responded to your ticket yesterday. You need to update your keycode as I showed above with the keycode they gave you. I will also DM it to you so it’s not posted here :)

Yep - Tyler was correct. It was a keycode issue. I missed them sending my updated code. Thank you, Tyler.