Solved

Renewal Issues

I bought the Webroot SecureAnywhere last year for my laptop and 30 days ago the program told me that my subscription was going to expire, so i hit the Renew Now button which took me to the site to renew my product. I entered my information and got my purchase confirmation. I was concerned because it hadn't renewed and then found out that it would renew at the end of the 30 days. The last day of my subscription was yesterday. I read then that it sometimes takes a day or two for the payment to process so i waited. This morning i was charged for the renewal, but my subscription is still saying that i need to renew. Now when i hit the Renew Now button it takes me to the same site that i originally renewed from and now it is saying that my subscription has 364 days remaining. But when i log in to my web console and go to Manage Keycodes it says that my keycode is still expired. The program is still not letting me use any features, saying that it is expired and is incessantly reminding me so. I was wondering what is going on with it and if it is going to be easily fixed. Thank you for hearing me out and hopefully being able to help me.
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 23 July 2014, 22:33

View original

33 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Welcome to the community Keaton and sorry to hear you're having problems.  I looked up your accout in our system and it looks like you purchased from Best Buy, is that correct?  We have a special process for Best Buy purchases - they handle all of the customer service for those purchases, so I can't adjust anything in the system.  Your best bet is to call 1-888-BestBuy and talk with their folks, as the renew page would have gone to a system they manage.  They'll be able to find out what is going on.  Please let me know if that is able to get your issue resolved!
Userlevel 6
Welcome to the community KeatonNS!

I see Nic has answered your question. Best Buy will be able to instruct you on how to correct the issue.

Best Buy charges your card on file on on the renewal due date. Sometimes, on  that day of renewal, this can happen, however it generally is resolved within a few hours. My personal opinion is that it is due to the lag time between processing your payment and updating subscriptions.

Please do come back and let us know your status. If you need any additional assistance with this or anything else, please feel free to ask!

Browse around, post your experiences and enjoy the community!

Beth

Thank you both for the responses, as you suggested that it could be time lag, i will wait a while longer and then call.
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
Thank you both for the responses, as you suggested that it could be time lag, i will wait a while longer and then call.
You are very welcome!

Please do let us know if you have everything up and running. Did you call Geek Squad regarding the issue?

Looking forward to seeing you here in the community!

Beth
I did call Geek Squad, and i was told that even after the payment goes through it can take up to 48 hours for the software to update. And it did go through after just a few hours. Thank you for your help
Userlevel 6
Thanks for letting us know!

Nice to hear confirmation that I was correct about the lag time with renewing the Best Buy subscription.

You sharing that will be very helpful to other community members!

Thank you for sharing and keep on posting!

Beth
Userlevel 2
Beth is right.
This will help me. I just renewed with Geek Squad too. And my icon now is flagged red. I was just chatting with one of their agents. He told me if I don't see a change by Thursday to contact them again. So hear's to having the issue solved.
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
Beth is right.
This will help me. I just renewed with Geek Squad too. And my icon now is flagged red. I was just chatting with one of their agents. He told me if I don't see a change by Thursday to contact them again. So hear's to having the issue solved.
Thank you Sheils !

Best Buy begins the message to you 30 days in advance of your renewal date. Regardless of when you respond, they do not charge your credit card until the day your subscription expires.

II spoke to Best Buy about this a couple months ago. 

If you were chatting with an agent in the online chat,  please call them directly.

Beth
Userlevel 2
Will do Beth.
30 days are up tomorrow. Which will bring me to 48 hours,or close to it.
Userlevel 7
Just for the sake of completeness Webroot direct customers also start getting notified 30 days prior to expiry and if one renews before the actual expiry date then the payment is taken at that time and the days remaining are added to the new days just purchased.

A different, and in my view better, approach but confusing if one is not clear on both approaches.

As I said, posted for completeness.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 2
yup it is confusing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
yup it is confusing.
You should be fine by tomorrow if not call Geek Squad and again if not come here I'm sure something will be done for you!

• 1-800-433-5778 
  • You can receive support by chatting with an Agent at www.geeksquad.com/support, by visiting your nearest Best Buy store, or by calling 1-800 GEEK SQUAD (1-800-433-5778).   Daniel
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
Just for the sake of completeness Webroot direct customers also start getting notified 30 days prior to expiry and if one renews before the actual expiry date then the payment is taken at that time and the days remaining are added to the new days just purchased.

A different, and in my view better, approach but confusing if one is not clear on both approaches.

As I said, posted for completeness.

Regards

Baldrick
Thats the point I made to Best Buy in one of my numerous conversations with them this past May. Thus, my reason for purchasing a new license directly thru Webroot.

I was told by Best Buy that they were working on correcting their "billing" and "payment processing" for subscriptions.

In the meantime, making a phone call to them will limit the lag time. But if you do not call the 800, it will take 3 days.

Beth
Userlevel 2
I got to call best buy now. Seems like my credit card was comprimised. Have to find out if they put my card through yet. I had to block my card. It's never easy is it? :(
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I got to call best buy now. Seems like my credit card was comprimised. Have to find out if they put my card through yet. I had to block my card. It's never easy is it? :(
You have a PM coming

Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
So sorry Sheils!

Check with your credit card provider if ther is a Best Buy purchase pending.

If its any consolation, I have recently been thru same recently. It is happening more often to so many people.

Beth
Userlevel 2
I did check with credit card and the best buy did not go through yet. So next call I made was to Best Buy. They got my info up and said they did not put in for the Webroot yet. Tomorrow they were going to. Told them that I had to block card because of comprimise. They wanted to use another card. Just told them no rather not.

Instead of waiting to tomorrow I decided to go with what Triple Helix recommended. I know I should of waited but knowing how my days are I get no privacy to do anything with computer. I have time now. 

Thank you everyone for your help. I'm sure glad I am in this community. Everyone is so helpful. Thanks again.
Userlevel 6

@ wrote:
I did check with credit card and the best buy did not go through yet. So next call I made was to Best Buy. They got my info up and said they did not put in for the Webroot yet. Tomorrow they were going to. Told them that I had to block card because of comprimise. They wanted to use another card. Just told them no rather not.

Instead of waiting to tomorrow I decided to go with what Triple Helix recommended. I know I should of waited but knowing how my days are I get no privacy to do anything with computer. I have time now. 

Thank you everyone for your help. I'm sure glad I am in this community. Everyone is so helpful. Thanks again.
You are very welcome!

I take it that you read the PM TripleHelix sent you?

Did you install OK? I will be here for a while. TripleHelix filled me, so if you need help, let me know.

Also have you been using Password Manager?

Beth
Userlevel 2
Yes install went pretty good. No problems. Yes I was using password manager. When I rebooted didn't realize at first it was missing. That brings me to the question if I should upgrade to the plus or complete?

I'll do more with my account tomorrow. Got to get some sleep. Fresh eyes tomorrow :D
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
Yes install went pretty good. No problems. Yes I was using password manager. When I rebooted didn't realize at first it was missing. That brings me to the question if I should upgrade to the plus or complete?

I'll do more with my account tomorrow. Got to get some sleep. Fresh eyes tomorrow :D

Did you add the new keycode to your existing account console (online web console)? 

Please contact tech support by submitting a support ticket and have them move your password info to your new keycode.

Sign into your account console (online web console), click on your Best Buy keycode while it is still active and export your passwords to .csv file so you have a copy.

Plus and Complete have Password Manager. The Best Buy version is same as Plus with the addition of system optimizer and system analyzer, both available only in the Complete version.

For now, please advise support about moving your passwords, make a backup and TripleHelix will take care of you tomorrow.

I am sending him a message now.

Beth
Userlevel 7
Hi Sheils

For completeness I should also add that the Complete version gives you the Cloud based Backup & Sync option (25GB online storage) which the Internet Security Plus (ISP) version does not either.

So as a true comparision the Best Version is effectively the Complete (C) Cversion WITHOUT Backup & Sync...effectively it is a mid way version between Webroot's ISP & C version...which makes the question as which to go for boil down to do you make do without the Optimzer or do you add in the Backup & Sync...that yo may not need/want?

Ah, now there is a conundrum, eh?

Personally, if you can afford it, I would go Complete. ;)

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hi @ there is another PM waiting for you!

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 2
Sadly I didn't save the keycode from Best Buy. What I was thinking at the time that I wanted to do clean sweep of Best Buy and start a new. I knew what today was going to bring. And I knew from Best Buy that I wouldn't be protected by today. I really didn't have much passwords saved. It was convienient though
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Sadly I didn't save the keycode from Best Buy. What I was thinking at the time that I wanted to do clean sweep of Best Buy and start a new. I knew what today was going to bring. And I knew from Best Buy that I wouldn't be protected by today. I really didn't have much passwords saved. It was convienient though
I looked up in our system and found it, so I'll send that to you in a PM.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
I looked up in our system and found it, so I'll send that to you in a PM.

I sent Sheils a PM as well Nic! So you and I can continue via PM with us 3.

Daniel 😉