Solved

Renewal will not take on Windows 10

• 27 August 2020
  • 4 replies

I purchased a Webroot SecureAnywhere renewal on 8/3/2020.  On my Windows 10 system, many times since then Windows Security informed me that my subscription has expired.  On at least 2 occasions, I updated the key code in the Webroot application, the expiration date was extended and Webroot ran a scan and everything seemed good.  The next time I restarted the computer, Windows again indicates the subscription expired.  Now, although I see Webroot running in Windows Task Manager Processes, I cannot start run it from the menu as I get a "must be run by an administrator" message - even if I run it as administrator.  I also no longer see it in the hidden task bar applications running.

I should also mention that from the Windows Security, Security Providers page where it says "Your subscription to Webroot SecureAnywhere has expired", if I click on the Open App or Renew buttons, Windows asks for permissions to run WRSA.exe but nothing happens - Webroot does not start up.

How do I get Webroot to work again, and Windows to recognize I've renewed Webroot?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 27 August 2020, 12:50

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Hello @phayes 

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Would you mind doing a clean reinstall/uninstall of Webroot? 

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Look to see if this folder is gone: C:\ProgramData\WRData and if it’s there delete it. (Hidden Area)
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
  • DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done

Please let us know if that resolves your issue? You can also  Submit a Support Ticket and they will gladly assist you free of charge.

Thanks,

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue, it should be 24 to 48 hours but could take a little longer because of COVID 19.

I tried:

* Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX - No problem, I have my keycode.
* Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console - I can't access Online Console and Webroot does not send me an email to reset password or PIN, as it indicates should happen.
* KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly - OK
* Download a Copy Here - OK, I've done that.
* Uninstall WSA and Reboot :
  - If I use "Uninstall Webroot" from The Webroot SecureAnywhere/Tools menu,  I get a dialog box from WSA saying "It is necessary to log in as an administrator to access this feature."
  - If I do the same, but right-click "Run as adminsitrator", Windows User Account asks me if I want to allow these changes to my hard drive, specifically "C:\Program Files\Webroot\WRSA.exe" -uninstall.  When I hit OK, I again get the dialog box from WSA saying "It is necessary to log in as an administrator to access this feature."
  - If I try and install from the Windows Apps & Features, i get the same issue as previous.
* Look to see if this folder is gone: C:\ProgramData\WRData and if it’s there delete it. (Hidden Area) - Can't get this far.
* Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode - Can't get this far.
* Let it finish it's install scan - Can't get this far.
* Reboot once again - Can't get this far.
* DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done - Can't get this far.

Not sure why a simple renewal has to be so difficult.  You are going to chase away customers you already have!

Peter

Was able to get by the admin issue by renaming the WRData folder and reinstall worked.  Only remaining issue is I cannot “activate my account” as I cannot sign on to my account at identity.webrootanywhere.com.  It goes in this loop where I can get through email, password, security question, I enter the characters of the pin, a sign-on complete comes up for a split second and then Bad Gateway 502.  Whenever I try and ask for a password reset, I get nothing back in my registered email.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @phayes 

You can also  Submit a Support Ticket and they will gladly assist you free of charge.

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue, it should be 24 to 48 hours but could take a little longer because of COVID 19.

Thanks,