Reputable websites inaccessable - WEBROOT BLOCKED NAVIGATION

• 18 March 2015
  • 1 reply

I am using webroot for my home computer and haven't been online since lastnight. As I was tring to log in to banbking, gmail, facebook, google and msn.com I get a message that says "Website has been reported as unsafe". There is a option on the warning that allows me to unblock the page an continue but I am afraid that if I start doing that to all pages that I may be in trouble. Suggestions?????

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi mbell

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Plesae have no fear in terms of usuing the 'Unblock and proceed' option if you are certain that the website concerned is safe...and from the sounds of it the ones you are having trouble with are indeed ones that you know well.   All the action does is to (i) whitelist the site locally on your system and so avoid a block the next time you want to access the site again (asn we can advise how to remove that override if needs be), and (ii) it notifies the Webroot Threat Researches that an override has taken place and so acts as a prompt to check out the websites.

What you can also do is to Open a Support Ticket and provide details of the blocked sites that you believe are good and then the Support Team can look to get them whitelisted centrally for you.

EDIT: When you submit a Support Ticket the Scan Log from WSA is automatically sent to the Support Team and from that they should be able to trace what has been blocked and look to deal with it.

Hope that helsp?

Regards, Baldrick