Solved

Saving Key-code or Renewing Before Expiry

• 14 January 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I still have 48 days left on my subscription but there is a deal at my electronics store for a year subscription. It is a really good deal and I dont want to miss out on it, can I renew before the end of it or can I buy it and save the code till the current subscription is done?

icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 14 January 2020, 02:12

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Hello @QuizNos Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. :relaxed:

You can do it both ways as you mentioned. If you wait the 48 days then add the new keycode it should renew itself. If you want to renew before the end of the 48 days please PM @khumphrey with your new keycode. He will extend your license without losing days. Don’t do it yourself or you will lose days.  DO NOT PUT THAT KEYCODE INFORMATION ON THE FORUM. 

HTH,

Dave.

Userlevel 7

@QuizNos I forgot to mention since you are buying Webroot from other than the Webroot company and if you decide to wait the 48 days and run out your old subscription I would recommend to still PM @khumphrey with that keycode info to see if it’s a valid license, not saying it isn’t but it’s better being safe than sorry. We have had  some complaints from members buying from a non reputable dealer and the keycode was not valid.

Dave.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@QuizNos ,

Your best bet is to buy that off-the-shelf subscription from the retailer you mentioned and THEN wait until your subscription has run out. And then at that point, activate your new key code that’s in the purchased box.

Hope that helps,

Keenan

Badge +1

I am a long time Webroot person with a 5 device secure anywhere complete  subscription on both PC’s and Macs and have found a deal for that exactly for 39.99 on Amazon rather than 59.99 from Webroot.I even called them to see if they would at least match it but said I already got a 20.00 reduced price from 79.99.I’ve been using the same key code for years and it expires 1/25/20 - 5 DAYS!! -is the Amazon package legit? Can I just enter a new key code sent from this purchase to my email?Thanks for any quick help on this but Just found out about this,sincerely,Ken