Scan is stuck?

• 20 May 2018
  • 4 replies

I started a scan 3-4 hours ago, (deep), 
but the progress bar has been stuck at a point for the last 2 hours, and im not sure what to do. since it says i have a detected threat, and would like to get rid of it.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi keikei2

Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum.

This occasionally happens and what you should try is an uninstall / clean re-install of WRSA. To do that please follow the steps below closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for the uninstall & re-install to make sure the process works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE); let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Uninstall WRSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue? If not then please Open a Support Ticket and they will help you sort your issue!

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 5
Badge +14
This happened to me once last year during a standard level routine scan when the progress bar stopped about half way along at 71%. The Icon showed a scan in progress but the progress bar remained still- no movement whatever. After 10 or more minutes I cancelled the scan. A few minutes later I hit the scan command again and it ran perfectly as normal. There was no mention or indication of any malware detection, so I assumed that it was just a glitch somewhere. WSA has performed normally since although sometimes does do exceptionally long scans, progress obviously workin, e.g up to 7 minutes as opposed to the usual 1min 30 secs through to 2 mins 4 secs.
Userlevel 5
Badge +14
This happened to me once last year during a standard level routine scan when the progress bar stopped about half way along at 71%. The Icon showed a scan in progress but the progress bar remained still- no movement whatever. After 10 or more minutes I cancelled the scan. A few minutes later I hit the scan command again and it ran perfectly as normal. There was no mention or indication of any malware detection, so I assumed that it was just a glitch somewhere. WSA has performed normally since although sometimes does do exceptionally long scans, progress obviously working, e.g up to 7 minutes as opposed to the usual 1min 30 secs through to 2 mins 4 secs.
Userlevel 5
Badge +14
Sorry about the duplicated reply. System said there was an error message and try again. It seems that the only error was the error message.