Scan starts running at every startup

• 12 June 2013
  • 8 replies

Hi,
I have Secure Anywhere version 8.0.2.147.  Just recently it started running a system scan everytime I startup the computer.  It has always been scheduled for once a week.  From what I've read that if a scheduled scan is missed, it will run.  I understand that.  But once it completes that scan successfully, why is it running again the very next time I startup the computer, which might be just a few hours later?  Seems to me if it made up for the missed scheduled scan it should not run again.  Nothing on the system has changed during that time I was online.  No downloads, no new software etc.  Right now it's maxing out the CPU for about 20 mins at startup and you can't do anything until its completed the scan.  I've tried unchecking the scan at startup box, but it's still starts a scan at every startup.  Please advise.

Thanks,
Scott

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello Scott and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

As I do daily scans I don't have this issue but this KB Article could explain what is happening. http://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Internet/quot-Scan-on-Bootup-if-the-Computer-is-Off-quot-Setting-is-not/ta-p/33838#.Ubi30ZzNkbI

HTH,

TH
Thanks for the quick reply TH.  I had read that prior to posting and that answer is not really a solution.  Seems like a "we don't really care" or "we don't have an answer" statement.  Webroot claims that scans are done in 3 to 5 minutes.  Not sure why it's taking 15 to 20 minutes for it to scan.  Any thoughts on the 15-20 minutes scans? 

Seems like there should be a better answer for a loyal customer of going on 6+ years now.
Userlevel 5
Hi sbriske

First of all I am NO expert on this issue, but if it was happening to me, I would uninstall and than reinstall the software, and see if this resolves your problem.  Just a suggestion to help you out.;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply TH.  I had read that prior to posting and that answer is not really a solution.  Seems like a "we don't really care" or "we don't have an answer" statement.  Webroot claims that scans are done in 3 to 5 minutes.  Not sure why it's taking 15 to 20 minutes for it to scan.  Any thoughts on the 15-20 minutes scans? 

Seems like there should be a better answer for a loyal customer of going on 6+ years now.
Another member was having the same issues because it was scanning the old AV Trash Folder do you have any large files that could be slowing scans speeds? Also you can Submit a Support Ticket so that they can gather your scan logs to find out the cause.

HTH,

Daniel
Thanks!  I'll give that a shot and also log a support ticket. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Great please let us know the outcome so that it could other users and members with the same type of issue..

Thanks,

Daniel
Userlevel 7
@ I saw this topic hadn't been set to resolved yet, so I took a look at your support case. It looks like it's been awaiting a response from you since 6/13/13. Did your issue end up taking care of itself? The agent was looking to determine what your scheduled scan is set for to see if that's a factor. Could you let us know? Thanks 🙂
Hi Jim,
I've been out on vacation since the 14th and just got back today.   I haven't had a chance to work on the issue since then.  I'll be able to look into it tonight.

Thanks,
Scott