scans take longer

• 19 February 2014
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
  • Popular Voice
  • 31 replies
I scan my computer manually at boot in the morning and also at night, WR does a scheduled scan midday.  It seems that in the last week the scans are taking almost twice as long.  Before they were usually under 40 seconds, now they seem to last about 70 to 80 seconds.  No other problems with the computer, (this isn't really a problem) I was just wondering if others have noticed this, or am I the only one.  

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Has anything changed on your computer recently?  Or did this just come out of the blue?
Userlevel 7
Hi rd52

I have noticed this phenomenon from time to time...and I have a theory...that the scans are higher if  they take place after one has been browsing for a while and are actually browsing at the time of the scan.  Have been meaning to try, to substantiate or debunk this, for a while and thanks to you question I may well try to concentrate on doing so. :D

If I do and come up with anything I will look to post back on it.  Having said that even long scans under WSA are substantially faster than almost all other security apps of any note...but the varience would be good to pin down as to a reason or reasons. ;)

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 2
Thanks for the replies.  You're so right Baldrick, scans using WR aren't very time consuming, what I'm talking about is like 20 to 30 seconds longer.  When I used to use Vipre, scans would take close to 2 hours and slow up the computer.  My last few scans today seem to be closer to what I used to get 30 to 40 sec.  I find that the scan I run at boot always is the longest (just over a minute usually).   Really no problems here and it seems to have gone back to those ultra fast scans.  Thanks again! 
Userlevel 7
Hi rd52

No problems...that is what the Community is here for...hope to see you around.

Regards

Baldrick