screen flickers

• 17 November 2013
  • 13 replies

when i have webroot installed on my netbook the sreen flickers if i have another av installed it doesnt flicker the other av is not running along side webroot both products are running on their own mot with each other any thoughts as to why this happens?thx

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi courier1,

Does the screen flicker only when WSA is enabled? What's your operating system? Have you tried to simply reinstall Webroot?

Regards,

Mike
yes screen only flickers with webroot installed.os windows 7 starter on a netbook.yes I did do a reinstall//
Userlevel 6
Badge +22
what's the other AV running alongside ?
Userlevel 7
Hi courier1

This can be caused by a number of things but that can also include display driver concurrency, etc. Hopefully you are current in respect of Windows Update?  

However, if you have tried a reinstallation/reboot and that has not resolved the issue then I would Submit a Support Ticket describing the detail that you have already provided iin this thread, i.e., version of OS, version of WSA, and the symptoms you are experiencing, and hopefully they can advise as to whether thy know of any issues in that area, etc.

HTH?

Regards

Baldrick
no other av running alongside just webroot I did run another av product on its own everything was fine ...windows is up to date will submit a ticket if for some reason webroot just wont play well wih this netbook can u recommend another av product thx mk
Userlevel 7
Hi courier1

Don't give up on WSA just yet...it could be something relatively simple butthat you need to knw to check.  Wait to see what Support come back with, but also a lot of the more senior Community members live on the otherside of the Atlantic and they, given their experience, may have something wise to add or even a solution.

Personally I cannot think of anything better than WSA for a laptop or netbook given how light it runs and how comprehensive the protection it provides...so I urge yo to have a little patience and see if we can help you resolve your issue.

Apologies for not being able to suggest something more concrete. :(

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Hi courier1

Don't give up on WSA just yet...it could be something relatively simple butthat you need to knw to check.  Wait to see what Support come back with, but also a lot of the more senior Community members live on the otherside of the Atlantic and they, given their experience, may have something wise to add or even a solution.

Personally I cannot think of anything better than WSA for a laptop or netbook given how light it runs and how comprehensive the protection it provides...so I urge you to have a little patience and see if we can help you resolve your issue.

Apologies for not being able to suggest something more concrete. :(

Regards

Baldrick
thx will holdout and wait for support to chime in...do u run anyother security programs beside webroot?like malwarebytes or anything like that? i am just using webroot is that all i need??
Userlevel 6
Badge +22
malwarebyte is not the culprit, didn't you change annything else on the hardware side e.g. ?
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
do u run anyother security programs beside webroot?like malwarebytes or anything like that? i am just using webroot is that all i need??
In my opinion Webroot provides a high level of protection, which should be fully sufficient for most users.
In the past I used SecureAnywhere in conjunction with MBAM running in real-time mode, but in opposite to Webroot, MBAM overloads CPU, absorbs a lot of memory and often makes browsers' slowdowns. After some time I started using MBAM only as an on-demand scanner, but soon I've realized that the duration of MBAM scans became too long for me (in opposite to fast Webroot scans).
As a consequence of the above circumstances, since some time I've been using only WSA and I must admit I feel safe enough:D
Maybe if there was a possibility of full cooperation between WSA and Sandboxie I'd decide to use such combo to even strengthen line of defense;)  So far Webroot has never let me down and I just see no reasons for adding any other security solutions.
In my opinion, in many aspects connected with computer security, WSA is simply the best;)

Regards,

Mike

Userlevel 7
It is all you need IMHO but it sits very well with most other security apps around...that is the beauty of WSA.

If you have not see the following thread:

https:///t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/WSA-alonside-any-other-AV/m-p/68541#M3833

then take a quick look; yeoldfart and I are discussing this very same topic. :D

Cheers

Baldrick

PS. Keep us posted on how you get on with resolving your issue with flickering.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
It is all you need IMHO but it sits very well with most other security apps around...that is the beauty of WSA.
Exactly :D
You can use WSA with most well-known and less popular solutions and their cooperation should not cause any conflicts:D

Of course this is purely a subjective matter and each user should decide for himself whether to use additional security or not, but it is undoubtedly a huge functional advantage of Webroot 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
A common but lesser known cause of problems with antivirus, or many low-level pieces of software, are outdated drivers. The issue you are experiencing is very likely caused by an outdated display or other driver. Webroot SecureAnywhere uses a completely custom-coded graphical user interface as well, which may be hitting some bug in your display driver that other conventionally displayed programs are not.

I would pay a visit to your computer manufacturer's website to see if they have any automatic update utilities. Dell has a very nice one. Do not download 3rd-party driver tools they are almost always scams.

If that does not resolve your issue, please contact Webroot support and they will investigate.