I have installed a trial of webroot secureanywhere on 3 machines.
2 of the machines are windows 8
Problem is that search engine protection is only working on one of them and I can't understand why.
On one machine I have green ticks in bing searches.
On the other machine which is the machine i'm using now it's not working.
I have tried uninstalling, restarting computer then reinstalling but the search engine protection still isn't working.
I have checked the settings in webroot and both machines are set exactly the same. So this problem is baffling me.
What do I have to do to get the search engine protection working?
Already have an account? Login
Login to the community
No account yet? Create an account
Enter your username or e-mail address. We'll send you an e-mail with instructions to reset your password.
I am not quite sure really. I DO know that the new version of the extensions is being activated on a slower rollout than the 2014 upgrade itself. (2014 just rolled out 10 days ago). I do not have inside knowledge of just how the rollout is being done: per key code or per specific per computer installation.
I am guessing that as you have uninstalled and reinstalled, repeating that will not help, but hopefully someone from Webroot will give us a little more information on it this week. Chances are you will see it update to working automatically sometime soon, but I don't have any idea on the rollout timetable.
Is it some kind of cloud thing and i've got to wait for the cloud to decide to activate it on my computer?
I'll just wait and see if it starts working soon.
Already tried Firefox, Chrome and opera as well as IE10 and it's not working on any of them so can't be a browser issue.
TH provided some extra information and some screenshots in the following post, which shows what you should expect to see when this is delivered to you.
Here it is: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Internet/New-interface-web-site-list/m-p/59903#M1822
EDIT: Only 32bit Browsers work such as IE, Firefox & Chrome and is only supported at this time.
Yes I have rebooted, I use Bing and the 32bit versions of Internet Explorer 10, Firefox and Opera.
I have double checked and bing is not using an encrypted connection.
I just looked at that link and while I have the WRDATA folder I don't have the whitelist file or the folders for each browser.
So i'm assuming that means it hasn't been rolled out to me yet.