Search engine protection.

• 14 October 2013
  • 9 replies

I have installed a trial of webroot secureanywhere on 3 machines.

2 of the machines are windows 8

Problem is that search engine protection is only working on one of them and I can't understand why.

On one machine I have green ticks in bing searches.

On the other machine which is the machine i'm using now it's not working.

I have tried uninstalling, restarting computer then reinstalling but the search engine protection still isn't working.

I have checked the settings in webroot and both machines are set exactly the same. So this problem is baffling me.

What do I have to do to get the search engine protection working?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello Malacath, 

I am not quite sure really.  I DO know that the new version of the extensions is being activated on a slower rollout than the 2014 upgrade itself.  (2014 just rolled out 10 days ago).    I do not have inside knowledge of just how the rollout is being done: per key code or per specific per computer installation.  

I am guessing that as you have uninstalled and reinstalled, repeating that will not help, but hopefully someone from Webroot will give us a little more information on it this week.  Chances are you will see it update to working automatically sometime soon, but I don't have any idea on the rollout timetable.
Thanks.

Is it some kind of cloud thing and i've got to wait for the cloud to decide to activate it on my computer?
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Thanks.

Is it some kind of cloud thing and i've got to wait for the cloud to decide to activate it on my computer?
To my understanding yes.. but I could be very well mistaken on that.  I am just a volunteer who likes to help others out, and not an employee of Webroot so I am not 'in the loop' so to speak.

:)
Ok thanks.

I'll just wait and see if it starts working soon.

Already tried Firefox, Chrome and opera as well as IE10 and it's not working on any of them so can't be a browser issue.
Userlevel 7
I am pretty sure it is not a browser issue, it seems to be more of a "per installation" thing from what I have seen as to which computers it is enabled on and which it is not.
Userlevel 5
Malacath, as David said, this feature is being rolled out more slowly than the product release itself. The reason is so that Webroot can evenly distribute this amongst their userbase without causing strain on their servers.

TH provided some extra information and some screenshots in the following post, which shows what you should expect to see when this is delivered to you.

Here it is: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Internet/New-interface-web-site-list/m-p/59903#M1822
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
On the problem machines have you rebooted since installing WSA ? Try IE10 with Bing or Yahoo as Google forces you to use HTTPS and I would assume the Trial does not have the New 2014 Web Shield as most users don't have it and they are rolling it out very slowly also it will still have the 2013 Web Shield, and one other thing after you tried the above and it still doesn't show check marks do a clean reinstall with a reboot in between and a second reboot wouldn't hurt in some cases.

EDIT: Only 32bit Browsers work such as IE, Firefox & Chrome and is only supported at this time.

HTH,

TH
@ wrote:
On the problem machines have you rebooted since installing WSA ? Try IE10 with Bing or Yahoo as Google forces you to use HTTPS and I would assume the Trial does not have the New 2014 Web Shield as most users don't have it and they are rolling it out very slowly also it will still have the 2013 Web Shield, and one other thing after you tried the above and it still doesn't show check marks do a clean reinstall with a reboot in between and a second reboot wouldn't hurt in some cases.

EDIT: Only 32bit Browsers work such as IE, Firefox & Chrome and is only supported at this time.

HTH,

TH

Yes I have rebooted, I use Bing and the 32bit versions of Internet Explorer 10, Firefox and Opera.

I have double checked and bing is not using an encrypted connection.

@ wrote:
Malacath, as David said, this feature is being rolled out more slowly than the product release itself. The reason is so that Webroot can evenly distribute this amongst their userbase without causing strain on their servers.

TH provided some extra information and some screenshots in the following post, which shows what you should expect to see when this is delivered to you.

Here it is: https:///t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Internet/New-interface-web-site-list/m-p/59903#M1822

Thanks.

I just looked at that link and while I have the WRDATA folder I don't have the whitelist file or the folders for each browser.

So i'm assuming that means it hasn't been rolled out to me yet.