SecureAnywhere is currently managed by the Web Console and all changes need to be applied centrally

• 5 November 2014
  • 6 replies

How to remove the Webroot... getting this message when try make any changes in webroot
"SecureAnywhere is currently managed by the Web Console and all changes need to be applied centrally. please refer to the SecureAnywhere documentation for further information"

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello there, welcome to the Webroot Community!

This is pretty easy to fix.  What is happening is a security feature that allows you to keep anyone else who uses the computer from changing WSA's settings by keeping it controlled in the Console.  To fix this:

• Go to PC Security
  • Click on the PC you need to change the settings for
  • On the new window, at the bottom is Security Setting.  Change this to User Configuration
It may take a few minutes for the change to take effect on your computer.

I hope this helps, but please let us know if you have any questions or problems!
I'm getting the same notice but I was already set to "user configuration".  How can I make this so I don't get that message of 
SecureAnywhere is currently managed by the Web Console and all changes need to be applied centrally.  

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Hi vegasgal47

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Well if you have tried the advice given in the post above yours and that has not worked then I would Open a Support Ticket to advise the Support Team and for them to investigate as to why this is happening, etc.

Regards, Baldrick
How do I fix this on Apple OSX Mojave ?
Userlevel 7
Hello NucoMike, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. :D

The safest and easiest way to do this on your Mac computer is to submit a Support Ticket or Contact Webroot Support to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.
Support Ticket System is Open 24/7

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.
Thanks Dave,

I'll get on the case.

Mike