Shield Plus Cyber Package?

• 20 October 2014
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +23
Hi peeps, yeah, I know, me again,

Just this second I've received an icon of a box with a red bow (present?) together with a notice of a download for Shield + cyber package.  This has no cancell button, only continue and says that by clicking this I agree to their EULA and Privacy Policy, I can't see how to get rid of it, any ideas?  Theres now also an update for Google Chrome available.

2 replies

How to get rid of shield+ cyber package pop-up. Open your task manager. Look for something that reads, jobs for today, project for today or anything along those lines. Click end process and it closes the pop-up window. When you find the file, post the name on here.  I'm sure there will be different names for it.
Userlevel 7
Hi Stogie

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for the post aiming to assist however removal of this nasty is some what more complicated that what you have advised. Yes, what you say is correct but only part of the solution, and a temprary one at that, as there is a need to unistall the malicious package, then reset/cleanse each browser on the system that may have been compromised or tainted by the nasty, and in this case there are also message files embedded which need to be cleared/removed.

GIven all of this I would recommend that a user who spots what Linda has reported Submit a Support Ticket ASAP so that professionals on the Support Team can investigate and clean the nasty of the system.

Thanks for taking the trouble to seek to assist a fellow Community member, but in tyhis case, as with all viral or malware threats the actual cleaning/removal is best left to the professionals.

Regards, Baldrick