Shields Questions

• 30 November 2017
  • 37 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1
I have Internet Security Plus.
I do not understand how the sheilds work.
According to this explanation https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_pc_userguide/wsa_pc_userguide.htm#ShieldingYourPC/PCShieldsOverview.htm%3FTocPath%3DShielding%2520Your%2520PC%7C_____0
I should see icons displayed that help me determine if sites are secure/safe. But no icons appear.
Can someone help me to understand how this works.

Thank you very much.

37 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Hi MichellePR and welcome to the Community.
Open your Webroot App from the taskbar. Click on the COG to the right of PC Security and you will get the following:

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Use this link to test the Anti-Phishing Shield:  https://www.amtso.org/check-desktop-phishing-page/

You should see from your Browser!

And do a Google search and you should see the Checkmarks to each Website!

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
This is what I'm seeing in Edge and Flashpeak Slim Browsers'! Only IE depicts the correct page!

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
This is what I'm seeing in Edge and Flashpeak Slim Browsers'! Only IE depicts the correct page!

Yes as it only works on supported browsers! All that's missing is 64bit Browsers are supported as well below!

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
What I find interesting is SlimBrowser supports the Webroot toolbar!..............................and flashpeaks' slimjet is protected by Webroot Applications.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
What I find interesting is SlimBrowser supports the Webroot toolbar!..............................and flashpeaks' slimjet is protected by Webroot Applications.
Yes some other Browsers WSA will work in but not Officially supported like Edge!
Userlevel 7
Just about any Chromium-based or Mozilla-based browsers can have the Webroot extensions added and they will work, even if they are not officially supported.
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
I checked on my Webroot console and all my sheilds are ON. But I do not get the icons.
I checked that test page, and it basically says my security is not enable or not working. 

Can anyone advise?

Thank you all.
Userlevel 7
Hi MichellePR

Have you checked to see if the 'Activate browser extensions' setting is checked/ticked? It should be by default but it may be worth doing so ...just in case.

Click on 'Adavnced Settings' (top right hand corner of main panel), then click on the 'Firtewall/WebShield' tab, and check the status of the above option.

If not ticked/checked then do so, Save (you will need to enter the CAPTCHA code displayed) and then exit WRSA. You should now try a Google search in your browser to see if the check marks are now visible.

If ticked/checked then UNtick/UNcheck, Save (you will need to enter the CAPTCHA code displayed) and then IMMEDIATELY tick/check the same setting, Save & exit WRSA. You should now try a Google search in your browser to see if the check marks are now visible.

The above are things to try in the circumstances but if you have no joy with either then I would Open a Support Ticket to let the Support Team know about the issue so that they can investigate it for you.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ before contacting Webroot Support can you try a clean reinstall of WSA?

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,

Daniel
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Hi Baldrick, thank you. I tried the suggested tactic. No change :(
This is one of the features I was particularly impressed with and looked forward to utilizing. So I am really disappointed.
Userlevel 7
Hi MichellePR

We will getr to the bottom of this...one way or another.

You should now follow TripleHelix's advice to see if it will sort out the issue otherwise the Support Ticket route beckons.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Thank you, Baldrick and Triplehelix.

Yes, I will try that when I get home this evening. 
I'm a little nervous though.... I had Geek Squad install Webroot and everything else on my computer. I'm afraid I'll mess something up. When it comes to installing/uninstalling Webroot, I would need specific steps. Is there a page or something I can reference?
(I'm on an HP 360 Envy laptop)

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
I must be missing something here Michelle. Which icons are you referring to?
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
I'm sorry - I meant green check marks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Thank you, Baldrick and Triplehelix.

Yes, I will try that when I get home this evening. 
I'm a little nervous though.... I had Geek Squad install Webroot and everything else on my computer. I'm afraid I'll mess something up. When it comes to installing/uninstalling Webroot, I would need specific steps. Is there a page or something I can reference?
(I'm on an HP 360 Envy laptop)

Thank you!

@MichellePR before contacting Webroot Support can you try a clean reinstall of WSA?

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,

Daniel

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Use this link to test the Anti-Phishing Shield:  https://www.amtso.org/check-desktop-phishing-page/

You should see from your Browser!

And do a Google search and you should see the Checkmarks to each Website!

@
Hi Dan
I tried that link in Opera browser.  I didn't get a warning.  I suppose that means that from the Amtso.org link : 
"If you can read this page, it indicates either:
  • Your Anti-Malware solution is not (yet) supporting this Feature Settings Check
or
  • Your Anti-Malware solution’s Anti-Phishing feature is not enabled or misconfigured."
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ is the Web Filter Extension installed in Opera also what version of Opera are you using?

64bit of these are supported as well.

Userlevel 7
I am running the latest v49.0.2725.47.... Not sure what you mean by Web Filter, in this particular instance. I thought WSA didn't support Opera.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I am running the latest v49.0.2725.47.... Not sure what you mean by Web Filter. I thought WSA didn't support Opera.
So why are you asking?

See here in Chrome:

Userlevel 7
@
Dan, I think we are miscommunicating....I know about Chrome browser which I have installed in addition to Opera browser. It is installed, but I prefer not to use it. I guess I made my point then, Opera is not supported. 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@
Dan, I think we are miscommunicating....I know about Chrome browser which I have installed in addition to Opera browser. It is installed, but I prefer not to use it. I guess I made my point then, Opera is not supported. ;)
Try to install from here using Opera: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/webroot-filtering-extensi/ihepcfbmkcalpfhoeaaodembpppbaboh?utm_source=chrome-app-launcher-info-dialog it can't hurt to try!

Daniel
Userlevel 7
I don't think I will risk it. I'll just leave Opera as it is. 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I don't think I will risk it. I'll just leave Opera as it is. ;)
I don't know why you asked in the first place? Use the link it will either work or not and I still assume Opera is still using Chromium code?

https://forums.opera.com/topic/113/why-did-opera-change-to-chrome-engine/2
Userlevel 7
Why not ask?   If you don't ask, then I might not have learned.  😉 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_such_thing_as_a_stupid_question