Should Webroot ask every time I turn it on to allow it to make changes to my computer ?

• 19 December 2015
  • 3 replies

Recently, everytime I get onto my desktop a Webroot window pops up and asks me it it can make changes to my hard drive.  This has not happened in the year + I've been with Webroot.  Is this something that they are doing now, and if it is, it's quite irksome.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi ebsnorklelive

Welcome to the Community Forums.

This has come up a few times in the past and the reason for it is unclear, as far as I know.  You may want to Open a Support Ticket and let the Support Team have a look at this for you.

However, as an alternative you could try aan uninstall/clean install of WSA...this has been none to resolve the issue for some users.  It is very easy to do and if yo would like to try it then please follow these instructions carefully:

• Make sure you have a copy of your Keycode
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings if offered as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
 Let us know if that helps and if not then open the Support Ticket as soon as you have the time.

Regards, Baldrick
All ready tried it yesterday.  Did nothing.
Userlevel 7
OK, then...you should open the Support Ticket also suggested and get the Support Team to investigate/resolve the issue for you if they can.

Regards, Baldrick