Solved

Simply input new key code?

• 18 December 2018
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
First, I tried to search for an answer to this, so if I missed it I apologize.

I am going to be purchasing the 3PC version of the Antivirus next month.  I've used this product for nearly five years.  When I do so, do I need to first uninstall the version I have installed and then install the new one, or do I just enter the newly purchased key code?  

I ask this because, though I normally just enter the new key code, I've seen people saying that the new "version" is different, so the old version needs to be uninstalled and the new version installed.  

I last purchased it in Jan 2018, and I'll purchase the new one in Jan 2019.  Right now I have Antivirus version 9.0.24.37 installed.  I should add that I don't renew through Webroot, but rather purchase the downloadable version and keycode from Am****.  This is how I always do it.   

Again, I normally just enter the new key code, but I don't know if that's what I should do this time because of what I've seen people saying.    

Thanks.  
icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 18 December 2018, 06:55

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello Gabe1972,

You should be good either way by just entering the keycode or doing a clean install. Either way you will be running the latest Verson of Webroot. If you go the clean install route, do the following:

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again.

Userlevel 2
@

Thank you.  I appreciate it.  

I think what I'll try first, which I'm sure will work, is to just enter the new keycode.  If there are any issues I will download a copy from your link and follow your instructions for the clean installation.  

Thanks again.  :)