Solved

Site blocked- FP?

Userlevel 7
Hi,

The website was blocked by WSA. I knew this was a clean site but wasn't sure as sites are comprimised often.

So is this a FP? Or is the site okay?

Best Wishes,
Amit
icon

Best answer by DanP 19 June 2013, 21:01

View original

28 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +35
The block on thairath.co.th should be removed now.

-Dan
Userlevel 1
DanP / TripleHelix, thank you both! This is one of the very best community boards around!
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
Hello,
That does appear to be an FP and has been removed.

Thanks,

-Dan
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yes they know of the issues and for 2014 products they are redesigning the Web Threat Shield that will work much better. ;)

Also I didn't get a block in Firefox but in the scan log it clearly shows that it's being Blocked.

Wed 19-06-2013 14:34:12.0966    Blocked website: hxxp://ads.thairath.co.th/www/delivery/ck.php?oaparams=2__bannerid=1253__zoneid=3__cb=a22566fab1__oadest=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.isuzux-series.com%2F

Wed 19-06-2013 14:34:17.0486    Blocked website: hxxp://ads.thairath.co.th/www/delivery/ck.php?n=a3553324&cb=1653839732

I added hxxp to delink them.

HTH,

TH
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
After restarting Firefox I clearly get the Block warnings.

Daniel

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Thank You that's nice of you to say and we have taken pride in our Community from both Webroot Staff and Members working together in helping Webroot SecureAnywhere Users and Members.

Cheers,

Daniel 😃
Userlevel 1
@ wrote:
Be sure to export your settings first! (or use the Google sync feature)

Many thanks Rakanisheu - reinstalling Chrome solved the problem (funny, that...)
Best
David
Userlevel 7
Hi Amit,
I had a False Positive yesterday on the Navy Federal Credit Union. I sent a Support Ticket in "Threat Found - False Positive" and it was fixed within an hour. 😉
Userlevel 7
Anyway it could be whitelisted from here? Reply in a ticket takes like 12 hours for me.:@
Userlevel 7
@Amit wrote:
Reply in a ticket takes like 12 hours for me.:@
That's a good question:
Why whould a Support Ticket on a "False Positive" take 12 hours for you and sometimes less than an hour for me?
Are all False Positives tickets sent to the same place?
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
@Amit wrote:
Anyway it could be whitelisted from here? Reply in a ticket takes like 12 hours for me.:@
PM Sent.

-Dan
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
@ wrote:
@Amit wrote:
That's a good question:
Why whould a Support Ticket on a "False Positive" take 12 hours for you and sometimes less than an hour for me?
Very good question. It is very uncommon for any support  ticket to take that long for a response.

-Dan
Userlevel 7
Thanks Dan.:)

@ wrote:
Hello,
That does appear to be an FP and has been removed.

Thanks,

-Dan
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@Amit wrote:
That's a good question:
Not just FP ticket, generally a reply to a ticket takes more than 12 hours. Maybe because of different time zones. When I write they sleep and when they get to office and update the ticket, many hours have passed.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@Amit wrote:
That's a good question:
Very good question. It is very uncommon for any support  ticket to take that long for a response.

-Dan
Replied to your pm Dan. It's not very uncommon for me.:@
Userlevel 7
We have 24hr coverage in the ticketing system so it shouldnt be anywhere near 12hrs.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
We have 24hr coverage in the ticketing system so it shouldnt be anywhere near 12hrs.
Then you guys must really have a grudge on me.:D You can check my ticket system and see your disliking first hand.
Userlevel 7
I dont see the ticket under the email address your registered here. There is only 4 tickets in the Virus/Web filtering subsystem. You using a fake name to submit a ticket 🙂
Userlevel 7
I've not opened a ticket regarding this FP. I didn't want to open a ticket 'cause a reply to the ticket would take more than 12 hours. The FP was resolved by Dan here. I had asked you to check my overall tickets so that you can get a picture of what I'm talking about. A reply usually is posted after more than 12 hours. I even had some FP tickets before.
Userlevel 1
Along the same lines, I just opened a ticket for the site www.thairath.co.th which is one of the largest news agencies in Thailand. What makes the block a little more puzzling though is that I can reach it on Chrome without the block, but on IE, WRAV stops it.

I've already opened a service ticket on it.
Userlevel 1
When trying to access Google search (UK) via Chrome I get the above error message after the initial failure to go to the site.
If I reload - it then does go to https://google.co.uk.
I've not seen the problem with other sites nor with the same google site when using Firefox.
Doing a web search on the error message I see a lot of posts attributing a similar problem to Kasperky. But I do not have Kaspersky only Webroot SecureAnywhere (plus Malwarebytes).  I see no attributions to either of those. Is this a Webroot firewall issue? If so - how do I deal with it.
Running Win 8.1 with Classic Shell to make it look like Win 7
Thanks
David
Userlevel 1
...And apologies if I should have started a new thread!
Userlevel 7
If its only that one browser I would suggest a reset of Chrome or a re-install generally speaking malware which causes redirects will effect all browsers. 
Userlevel 1
@ wrote:
If its only that one browser I would suggest a reset of Chrome or a re-install generally speaking malware which causes redirects will effect all browsers. 
Thanks Rakanisheu - I'll try reinstalling Chrome
David
Userlevel 7
Be sure to export your settings first! (or use the Google sync feature)