Solved

So a malware hjacked Webroot and won't allow it to run

• 8 December 2020
  • 6 replies

I have removed the malware however I am still not allowed to launch webroot. 

How can I get it to run again?

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 8 December 2020, 01:31

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @Siedas 

The best thing to do is to Submit a Support Ticket and ask them and they will help you.

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue. A reply from Support should take from 24 to 48 hours but could take a little longer because of COVID 19 and the Webroot Employees are busy working from home.

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

@Siedas  can you open Task Manager and see if there are any Webroot processes running?

See if these main ones are running?

Click on picture to see full size!

Nope, pretty sure it’s infected. 

I did a uninstall and it would let me so I forced it to uninstall by literally going through the program and deleting files one by one. 

It says I don’t have permission to uninstall it normally. Which means from my experience that the program has been infected  

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Nope, pretty sure it’s infected. 

I did a uninstall and it would let me so I forced it to uninstall by literally going through the program and deleting files one by one. 

It says I don’t have permission to uninstall it normally. Which means from my experience that the program has been infected  

Please contact support via the Ticket system and they will let you know for sure.

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

In situations like this, the best course of action is to backup, wipe and reload the system. 

In situations like this, the best course of action is to backup, wipe and reload the system. 

I already fixed it by getting rid of webroot. 

I think whatever they did they used it to shut down security instead of protecting me.