Solved

software development with Webroot SecureAnywhere

• 17 April 2021
  • 1 reply

I recently installed Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus on two of my software development machines (Windows 10 Pro, Microsoft Visual Studio Community Edition 2019, C/C++ console programs, NMAKE, one test executable per module). Now my build scripts are failing because multiple compiled executables are being flagged, even when they are added to the allowed files list in the “Block/Allow Files” tab.

It seems that every time an executable is linked, it’s considered a “new” file that must be scanned and then suppressed.  Even if I allow the program, it’s too late - the build has been aborted with the message “NMAKE : fatal error U1045: spawn failed : Permission denied”.

I’ve also tried adding the code directories to the “Whitelisted Scripts” tab to no avail.

How can I, as a software developer, make Webroot SecureAnywhere work for me?

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by DanP 19 April 2021, 14:55

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +35

I recently installed Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus on two of my software development machines (Windows 10 Pro, Microsoft Visual Studio Community Edition 2019, C/C++ console programs, NMAKE, one test executable per module). Now my build scripts are failing because multiple compiled executables are being flagged, even when they are added to the allowed files list in the “Block/Allow Files” tab.

It seems that every time an executable is linked, it’s considered a “new” file that must be scanned and then suppressed.  Even if I allow the program, it’s too late - the build has been aborted with the message “NMAKE : fatal error U1045: spawn failed : Permission denied”.

I’ve also tried adding the code directories to the “Whitelisted Scripts” tab to no avail.

How can I, as a software developer, make Webroot SecureAnywhere work for me?

Thanks in advance.

Hello @DavidCChapman,

Please Submit a Support Ticket and we can have a look. 

Thanks,

-Dan