Solved

Star Wars Squadrons won't launch for Webroot users

• 23 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Star Wars Squadrons won’t launch for users of Web Root. EA has fixed this issue twice and now re-introduced the problem once again. I believe the problem is related to the Easy ant-cheat software the game uses. Simply turning the anti-virus off won’t allow the game to launch, Webroot has to actually be uninstalled for the game to launch until EA does whatever magic it needs to resolve the issue again. If they even do so.

Has anyone else encountered this problem with EA games or the Easy anti-cheat software? Is there some other way to resolve the issue that doesn’t involve relying on EA?

I like using Webroot and don’t give it up, but if it’s going to cause issues in launching games I love, I may need to seek alternatives.

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 24 December 2020, 03:34

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @mburnside 

It’s best to Contact Webroot Support so they can sort this out!

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue. A reply from Support should take from 24 to 48 hours but could take a little longer because of COVID 19 and the Webroot Employees are busy working from home.

Thanks,