Solved

Stuck on "scanning with webroot secureanywhere database" and can't cancel.

Userlevel 1
I did a manual scan and ended up with the following message "scanning with webroot secureanywhere database"  for several minutes and could not cancel out of the scan. I ended up ending the WRSA.exe process and it started up by itself again and upon another manual scan completed withut a problem. 

Is this something I have to look forward to on occasion? I left Kaspersky because their AV got severly bloated and Webroot got high marks on several sites so I'd thought I'd give them a shot but this occurence has made me a bit nervous about it. 
icon

Best answer by Geed 16 March 2013, 18:33

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

I now have 3 unkillable scans running on my Catalina running Mac after a new installation of Webroot. I fear that if I reboot I’ll have 4 scans running. It’s funny how this sort of problem keeps cropping up. Couldn’t you put in an interlock? A dialog that says “you’re already running a scan; do you really want to start another?” perhaps?

Hello @seanbatt Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. :relaxed:

Please be advised that you are posting on a 6 year old thread here on the forum.

Please Create a New Topic of this problem on the WSA for Mac forum:

https://community.webroot.com/webroot-secureanywhere-for-macs-18

HTH,

Dave

I’m not blind, Dave, and I’m not after support, I’m just commenting on the the quality of the product in a place that demonstrates the reoccurrence of a problem time and time again.

That said, if you had done what JP_ (the retired webrooter) did a year ago (in this “six-year old thread”) and created a support ticket for me, I wouldn’t have complained, in fact I would have been more impressed with the desire of webrooters to support their customers.

Warmest Personal Regards,

Sean

We Mods can’t do that as we are just Volunteers and not Webroot Staff, but you can start a Support Ticket:  Webroot Customer Service

Badge +1

I now have 3 unkillable scans running on my Catalina running Mac after a new installation of Webroot. I fear that if I reboot I’ll have 4 scans running. It’s funny how this sort of problem keeps cropping up. Couldn’t you put in an interlock? A dialog that says “you’re already running a scan; do you really want to start another?” perhaps?

Hello @seanbatt Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. :relaxed:

Please be advised that you are posting on a 6 year old thread here on the forum.

HTH,

Dave

I’m not blind, Dave, and I’m not after support, I’m just commenting on the the quality of the product in a place that demonstrates the reoccurrence of a problem time and time again.

That said, if you had done what JP_ (the retired webrooter) did a year ago (in this “six-year old thread”) and created a support ticket for me, I wouldn’t have complained, in fact I would have been more impressed with the desire of webrooters to support their customers.

Warmest Personal Regards,

Sean

Userlevel 7

Hello @seanbatt Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. :relaxed:

HTH,

Dave

Badge +1

Userlevel 7
@, I've created a support ticket for you with the Team.
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
So, this is happeing to me now. As soon as a cancel finsihes, it starts up again right away. Pressing the cancel scan button does nothing. Nada. Zip. 
Userlevel 7
Hopefully it wont happen again... but I am sure everyone would be interested in knowing if it does.  Good luck!
Userlevel 1
Yes, I had a constant internet connection when this happened .

No it wasn't the initial learning scan that happens on installation. 

I just decided to do a manual scan when I saw it was taking longer than usual to complete the scan. The times wasn't even counting anymore except "hiccups" when it would jump ahead by 30 or seconds. Maybe the program itself had a hiccup so I'll not worry about it for now. Thanks to both of you for the responses.
Userlevel 7
Was this the initial learning scan? That is to say, the first scan it had ever done? Those tend to take a little longer, but subsequent scans are very speedy.
Userlevel 7
HI Geed, and welcome to the Community!

I do not think that this is something you will encounter on a regular basis, as I have never had that happen myself.  Did you have an active internet connection at the time of the scan that was stuck?  My average scan time on my slow computer is a bit over 4 minutes.