System Analyzer

• 8 October 2013
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
After running the system analyzer in webroot anywhere the following results were reflected in the detailed report .  I have spent two months with Microsoft trying to figure out why my automatic updates are not working properly.  The latest recommendation is that I do a factory reset.  Really, really don't want to have to do that AGAIN!  Can you tell me where Webroot gets each date listed below? 

Windows Updates
----------------------------------------------------------------
Auto Update State                                 Enabled
Update Type                                       Automatically download and schedule installation
Last Update Check                                 2013-10-08 07:52:46
Last Update Download                              2013-09-27 02:51:30
Last Update Install                               2013-09-27 03:01:20 (11 days ago)
Next Scheduled Update Check                       2013-10-09 04:15:34
Next Scheduled Install Time                       2013-10-09 08:00:00

4 replies

Userlevel 7
I don't understand why you'd want to do a factory reset regarding these results. The results indicate that it checked for updates today. Presumably there were none available for you because the last download and installation was Sept. 27th, which is not too long ago. It's scheduled to check again tomorrow. That looks good to me. Webroot pulls that information from Windows log files.
Userlevel 1
I have an Acer Aspire 1301 and there are power settings for the hard drive that would  turn off my hard drive after 20 minutes and then separate sleep settings "sleep after", "allow hybrid sleep", "hibernate after" and "allow wakeup timers" with settings as well.  My Windows Update is set to check for updates everyday at 3am.  Even aftter changing the power settings to "never" the windows update schedule is not followed.  After working with MS for 2 months the final recommendation was to do a factory reset.  Any ideas?
Userlevel 7
Basically MS support cant figure it out and have taken the easy way out by saying wipe the PC and start from scratch. Are you sure there arent just a few updates that arent applying or can you not install ANY updates? 
Userlevel 1
I had a couple of updates that failed but they eventually came through.  The updates only come through if I manually update.  The system will not check for updates automatically at the specific time setup in the Windows Update scheduled time.  I also saw where Acer had a settlement surrounding incomplete Windows recovery files but I never received the recovery disc.  I finally found an Acer link where I can purchase a recovery disc.  I know I registered my purchase but Acer has no record of it and because they outsource "help" for a fee after the warranty expires, I purchased the support.  It has been an enlightening experience, to say the least.  Not feeling comfortable with my setup I also purchased the Microsoft support.  Overall, I could have bought a new computer for what I spent on trying to get my machine to work properly.  With everything I've learned about computer setups, security, and support I will  never purchase a computer with bundled software nor will I purchase software downloads or backup my files in the 'cloud'.  At this point, I'm going to contact the Acer tech service I purchased to see if I can get results.  Otherwise I'll probably have to buy the recovery disc and start over or maybe breakdown and buy a MAC!