Solved

System Analyzer says potential leak!

Userlevel 7
Hi, System analyzer says firefox.exe has potential leak. What should I do?
icon

Best answer by Rakanisheu Retired 11 April 2013, 17:43

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Use Chrome 😃 Joking aside Firefox is known for not having the best memory management. Not really much you can do apart from keep an eye on its memory usage in Task manager.
Userlevel 7
Use Internet Explorer...

OH.. no, don't do that... it leaks like a seive on my reports when I have Internet Explorer open!  :S
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Use Chrome 😃 Joking aside Firefox is known for not having the best memory management. Not really much you can do apart from keep an eye on its memory usage in Task manager.
In decent words, I'm not very fond of Chrome. Oh well I find FF suite me best. I guess I just gonna have to live with it. I'll try to bring the case to Firefox forum.:)

Thanks Roy.
Userlevel 7
@DavidP wrote:
Use Internet Explorer...

OH.. no, don't do that... it leaks like a seive on my reports when I have Internet Explorer open!  :S
I can only have IE 8. It's a nightmare. A devastating horrror. Can't even dream about opening IE.
Userlevel 7
Amit, I am an Opera advocate, so do you know what I suggest you? ... Yes, throw out FF, Chrome, IE etc. and grab OPERA 😃
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Amit, I am an Opera advocate, so do you know what I suggest you? ... Yes, throw out FF, Chrome, IE etc. and grab OPERA :D
How's OPERA bookmark management? And memory ues? Is it heavy? Noscript is not supported, is it? And AdBlock Plus?
Userlevel 7
i've posted my prob here https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/956369#answer-426529
Userlevel 7
@Amit wrote:
How's OPERA bookmark management? And memory ues? Is it heavy? Noscript is not supported, is it? And AdBlock Plus?
Amit, you know how it goes, if I say that Opera is fast and light on resources, other one will deny it, so make up your own mind. Give it a try and you will see ... As for my experiences with Opera, no problems at all, I have used to it.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@Amit wrote:
Amit, you know how it goes, if I say that Opera is fast and light on resources, other one will deny it, so make up your own mind. Give it a try and you will see ... As for my experiences with Opera, no problems at all, I have used to it.
Ah yes. But what about the bookmark management, Adblockinga nd NoScript alternative in Opera? I use FF mainly because of these three things.
Userlevel 7
But what about the bookmark management, Adblockinga nd NoScript alternative in Opera? I use FF mainly because of these three things.
As for the Adblocking and NoScript, I don't use them as I am using Ad Muncher ;) Regarding the bookmarks, it fulfills my needs (unlimited speed dial, nice bookmark management, possibility to sync them across PCs and mobile devices using Opera Link etc.).
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
But what about the bookmark management, Adblockinga nd NoScript alternative in Opera? I use FF mainly because of these three things.
As for the Adblocking and NoScript, I don't use them as I am using Ad Muncher ;) Regarding the bookmarks, it fulfills my needs (unlimited speed dial, nice bookmark management, possibility to sync them across PCs and mobile devices using Opera Link etc.).
Ah I've to give it a spin.:)
Userlevel 7
Surely, hope you find liking in Opera  ;)
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Surely, hope you find liking in Opera  ;)
Yeah I also hope so.:)
Userlevel 7
@Amit wrote:
@ wrote:
Ah I've to give it a spin.:)
Bookmark management is excellent and very customizable. And, there is an ad-blocker extension available which works decently.
Userlevel 7
@Cory
Ah thanks a lot for the assurance. I'll definitely give a go.