Solved

System tray icon

• 9 November 2013
  • 7 replies

Badge +3
Everything has been running fine for almost a year now, but all of a sudden the icon for webroot stopped showing up in the system tray on start up. I have went to the advanced setting and it is checked to show icon in systerm tray.
Any ideas?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by Solidcad110 9 November 2013, 19:46

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Can you try to check the option, shut down and start up WSA to see if this helps? If not a WSA reinstall can be also of help.
Userlevel 7
Hi Solidcad

Yup, I get that too occassionally (though not since I upgraded to 2104 version, strangely) and have never managed to work out what the reason is.  pegas' recommendations are what I generally do, and usually the uncheck, save & recheck sorts it out.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Right-click on the Taskbar and click Properties. Click "Customize" in the Notification Area section of the properties window. Verify that Webroot is set for "Show Icons and Notifications."
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Right-click on the Taskbar and click Properties. Click "Customize" in the Notification Area section of the properties window. Verify that Webroot is set for "Show Icons and Notifications."
Good hint Corey! This option can be easily overlooked ;) 
Badge +3
The "Show Icons and Notifications." is checked. That was the first thing I tried.
Badge +3
Tried the uncheck item in advanced options, saved and rechecked and saved, the icon popped up for now.

Thanks
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Tried the uncheck item in advanced options, saved and rechecked and saved, the icon popped up for now.

Thanks
Glad you got this glitch resolved. Probably a hiccup. :D