Solved

Temporarily shut off of webroot

• 9 December 2012
  • 7 replies

When downloading some programs they ask you to temporarily shut off the antivirus program.  I had no problem when I used AVG...what I used for the past 3 years.  I cannot figure it out for webroot.  I blew it with the last program I downloaded; because my husband kept bugging me to download it I just did it WITHOUT DISENGAGING THE VIRUS PROTECTION.  Did I ruin the program?  Will upgrading the program fix it if I did or is it completely shot?  I CANNOT believe I did it, but that is what happens when someone keeps bugging you to do things when you are writhing in pain and hopped up on pain pills.

Help please help.

Thanks

grettat
icon

Best answer by grettat 10 December 2012, 22:54

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello,

You should not have any issues downloading and installing programs with Webroot SecureAnywhere still running as I do it all the time but if you need to turn off WSA here are the instructions:

Open the main WSA GUI and click on Settings at the top right corner then the next window click on Advance Settings and put a check mark here and Save All then go down to the WSA Tray Icon a Right Click on it and it gives you the option to Shut Down.

HTH,

TH

And then you will see this window when you Right Click on the Tray Icon by the clock.

The spot was already checked off to shut off manually ad the shut down protection worked fine. Thank you. I don't know how you get these screen shots, but they are fantastic. They make helping someone so much easier. I sure wish I knew how to do them.
The solution given was the correct one, but it gets a little tricky when you want to turn webroot back on.  You cannot turn it on the way you turn it off.  It is easy though....especially if you are all used to windows 8 ( which ,of course, I am not).

When you are ready to turn Webroot (and therefor your Defender also) back on you click the "window" key (two to the left of the space bar) you start typing Webroot anywhere and search just pops up.  You click on "apps" on the right, and all the apps will appear on the left.  You find Webroot on the left and click on it.  It is now reactivated.  Voila!!!

You guys are all so great!! 

Thank you all so very very much for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Your very Welcome grettat and for the screen shots it's always been said that a picture is worth a thousand words! And the program I use for SnapShots is Snagit. ;)

Cheers,

TH
WebRoot 2013 DEFINITELY needs a "shut off for 5,10,20 minutes" feature.

If you are doing something... or testing something... you don't want to have to remember to turn WR off... and then forget to turn it back on later.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:

If you are doing something... or testing something... you don't want to have to remember to turn WR off... and then forget to turn it back on later.
That sounds good it was in Prevx, can you add this to the Idea's Exchange and I will Kudo it! http://community.webroot.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange/idb-p/Ideas#.Ub33h5zNkbI

Thanks,

Daniel
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

That sounds good it was in Prevx, can you add this to the Idea's Exchange and I will Kudo it! http://community.webroot.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange/idb-p/Ideas#.Ub33h5zNkbI

Thanks,

Daniel
Ditto... Not a bad idea!