the webroot console on my iMac will not let me scan my computer.

• 7 November 2015
  • 17 replies

the webroot console on my iMac will not let me scan my computer.

the "secure anywhere" splash screen displays but no commands are available. i am new to IMac commands so i may be missing something. 

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello ? welcome to the Webroot Community, 

My impression is that the Commands are for WIndows installations, but I admit that being NOT a Mac user I am just not sure.

?, are you around this morning to give me a hand?  Thanks!
hi David yes i am online
right now the secure anywhere dialog box says i am not connected to a server. obviously i am
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Can you tell me if you have just installed Webroot or have you been able to scan before? How long have you had Webroot installed?  Also are you running Yosemite or El Capitan?

Would you try a reboot and let us know if this still will not scan. If Webroot does not scan then let us know and I can give you instructions to uninstall/clean reinstall if you'd like.

hi Sherry i am running el capitan from a new iMac..  i loaded webroot on a the new computer 3 weeks age and on a used ACER aspire 1 week ago 
/Users/tinawalsh/Desktop/Screen Shot 2015-11-07 at 11.43.11 AM.png i tried to attach a screen shot that would show the console. i have rebooted the computer several times, the results are always scanning but no files scanned
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi ?,

Have you rebooted yet?Then would you mind doing First Aid check by going to the Launch Pad and open Other and open of Disk Utility and wait for the scan to complete? I am not sure if this will help or not but it won't hurt.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
/Users/tinawalsh/Desktop/Screen Shot 2015-11-07 at 11.43.11 AM.png i tried to attach a screen shot that would show the console. i have rebooted the computer several times, the results are always scanning but no files scanned
Would you want to uninstall and reinstall by following these instructions?

http://www5.nohold.net/Webroot/ukp.aspx?pid=12&app=vw&vw=1&login=1&json=1&solutionid=1992&

http://www5.nohold.net/Webroot/ukp.aspx?pid=12&app=vw&vw=1&login=1&json=1&solutionid=1991&

Please let us know if this works or not. Otherwise your best bet would be to Submit a Support Ticket which is free of charge with an active subscription and they will certainly get this fixed for you. Support usually responds in 24 - 48 hrs.

thank you for your help Sherry 
i rebooted the system 2x since we have started talking. i have gone to the disk utility and performed the first aid function you requested but again not sure if it did much good 
below is a screen shot of my desk top with the dialog boxes open. sorry kind of a newbe to iMAC so I'm not sure how to create and paste screen shots. /Users/tinawalsh/Desktop/Screen Shot 2015-11-07 at 11.57.31 AM.png
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi,

Do you have a screen shot available? Then please look at the toolbar (when replying) with the square box and when it opens click browse and click open and click insert picture and then you click ok.

thanks again Sherry 
i have unloaded and reloaded Webroot from my computer.  only it did not ask for the restart information as if cookies were already set.  below is rthe error i am seeing when i try to view the scan results 

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Steve,

I am seeing My Account is in the red. Have you set up an account?

http://www5.nohold.net/Webroot/ukp.aspx?pid=12&app=vw&vw=1&login=1&json=1&solutionid=1995&

Again have you rebooted after the reinstall?

II'm still advising a Support Ticket because I don't know what that error means.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Userlevel 7
If I may, 

It looks like the first full scan might not have been completed from that screen shot.  Have you run a scan and allowed it to go to completion since the most recent install of the software?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Steve..

Yes ? it does indeed look that way. Thank you..

Steve can you View Scanning Process?
hi again 

Sherry
thanks i will send a ticket if this next part doesnt work. yes i have an account, i tried to delete the app from my MAC and it is very dificult. the app always says it cannot close because something is running.  i renamed it and finally got it to delete i will down'oad again and retry 

David 
you may be correct but when i initially installed the app 3 weeks ago i thought it ran a full scan. 

thank you all for helping 
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Steve,

Sorry you are having troubles uninstalling. I've had this issue before and I have been able to uninstall in Safe Mode. But renaming the file might be a different senerio.
hi Sherry 
i have tried to reload the application several times but i never get the install screen to select language or install the key code. i don't believe i am deltleing the application correctly. 

is tech support live on the weekends? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Steve,

You can submit that Support Ticket and that is 24-7. Then they will get back to you within 24-48 hrs. If you were to call Support they are only open during M-F. (Support Number: 1-866-612-4227).

I would send out the Support Ticket now and they might even answer you by tonight or tomorrow.

It really can be difficult to uninstall Webroot. So if you are not getting the keycode selection then Webroot isn't uninstalled correctly. Which you have stated.

Have you tried Safe Mode to uninstall? But I would hate to have that messed up as well.Maybe better to wait for proper support.

Support can have your Mac up and running with Webroot very quickly.

Do let us know the outcome won't you?