The webroot update killed my webroot toolbar on firefox. How do we fix it?

• 22 August 2015
  • 1 reply

The webroot update killed my webroot toolbar on firefox. How do we fix it?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi Maddog3

Welcome to the Community Forums

Since the release of FF 40 this is a known problem as a result in the change in which Mozilla allow 3rd part extensions like the Password Manager to be handled; add-ons must be 'signed' in order to work correctly.  Webroot is aware of the situation. 

Please see this previous thread for details on the issue...it is lengthy but well worth reading (and subscribing to) to get up to date on the issue.

You can try to use the Toolbarfix tool as one option...please see this previous thread in which I describe where to get it from and how to use it.

But we have also heard some reports that a clean install of Webroot, instead of the toolbarfix, may help resolve the issue. To do that please folow the steps below carefully

• Make sure you have a copy of your Keycode to hand!
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings if asked to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
If this does not help resolve the problem, you will probably want to Submit a Support Ticket and get assistance from Webroot Support.  There is on charge for this for WSA user with an active subscription.

Regards, Baldrick