Threat not removed wssyncmlnps com.wssnps

• 16 April 2014
  • 4 replies

Hello,

Just got this message tonight. Webroot said it was a trojan threat. Tried to remove wssyncmlnps com.wssnps but the log stated it was unsuccessful. Elsewhere it called the app Android.SMSSEnd. I don't have an app named that that i can find. I did update Words with Friends earlier today. That's the only thing that changed today.

At the Webroot site, it said to come here and ask where I can email my log file. Help appreciated!  😃

4 replies

Oops! Nevermind! I did a search for this already on the forum, but came up empty. Did a google on it and was
sent back to this forum and this post:

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-Mobile-for-Android/wssyncmlnps-com-wssnps-risk-message-samsung-note-3/m-p/101078
  Re: wssyncmlnps com.wssnps risk message samsung note 3
[ Edited ]
Options yesterday - last edited yesterday
Hi Orion, please see:

Thank you for contacting Webroot Support. We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.
It does appear the detection in question was a false positive. We have re-evaluated the definition detecting the application you report and corrected the false positive on our end. Within the next 24-48 hours we will release a new definition set with those corrections and you should no longer see that detection. In the meantime, you may choose the option to "Ignore this threat" and this will prevent Webroot from displaying the alert again for that particular app. We appreciate your report and thorough troubleshooting!

Regards,
The Webroot Mobile Threat Research Team
Userlevel 7
Hi renatae,

Welcome to the Webroot Community!! :D
Hope you stay with us for longer! 
@ wrote:
Oops! Nevermind! I did a search for this already on the forum, but came up empty. Did a google on it and was
sent back to this forum and this post:

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-Mobile-for-Android/wssyncmlnps-com-wssnps-risk-message-samsung-note-3/m-p/101078

Yup, you can find the anser while exploring the Community and existing posts ;)
I'm glad you found that :D
Feel free if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Mike
Thank you! Looks like a very active forum!

I do have one other minor question. We have three phones on the account, and all have the app on them. When I signed into the account today, I noticed only one phone was showing. I clicked on "add device" and it told me to download the app and then the other devices would show up. However, the app has been installed on them for about a year now. When we first opened the account, it was with different phones.

Not sure how to get the other new phones to show up. I know they should still be linked to the same account.

Thanks in advance!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
@ wrote:
Thank you! Looks like a very active forum!

I do have one other minor question. We have three phones on the account, and all have the app on them. When I signed into the account today, I noticed only one phone was showing. I clicked on "add device" and it told me to download the app and then the other devices would show up. However, the app has been installed on them for about a year now. When we first opened the account, it was with different phones.

Not sure how to get the other new phones to show up. I know they should still be linked to the same account.

Thanks in advance!
Hello renatae and thanks for coming here. It is best to let Support take a look at your Account, and they'll configure it as suits your present needs: Submit a Support Ticket

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks.