Transferring Webroot to Another Computer

• 17 November 2013
  • 6 replies

Although I read some articles with the webroot community about transferring webroot to another, replacement computer, I just wanted to confirm if it still hold true.

I am in the process of selecting a replacement computer for my old one, and naturally want to continue to use webroot once the new one is bought / set up. What must I do? From what I read, all I have to do is uninstall webroot from the old computer, remember the webroot key code, and then install webroot on the new one.

It sounds simple. What confirmation / guidance is appreciated.

Thank you again!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yes you can! Did you set up your My Webroot Online Console if not please do so and if you ever need to remove to a different system just delete the one in there then you can use it on another!

HTH,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Hi Rabon,

If you have set My Webroot Online Console, do exactly what Daniel said before.
Uninstall WSA from the old computer, log into your Webroot Account and delete this one from the list in "PC Security" panel, then install a fresh copy of WSA on the new computer (with your valid key code) and again log into your account to check if the new one appeared on the same list (it should appear there automatically in a short time after installation).
If you haven't set My Webroot Online Console so far, it's worth doing it just right now;)

Regards,

Mike
Hi again, yes, I do have do have a Webroot online console set up, and did as you directed, went to the PC Security tab, but when I clicked it on, of course, it showed two PCS protected, but when I clicked on each of the icons representing each of the computers, they looked exactly the same as they have the same name. How can I differentiate between the two?
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Hi again, yes, I do have do have a Webroot online console set up, and did as you directed, went to the PC Security tab, but when I clicked it on, of course, it showed two PCS protected, but when I clicked on each of the icons representing each of the computers, they looked exactly the same as they have the same name. How can I differentiate between the two?
Hello there Rabon!

The answer is to simply log back in, and take a look at each one again.  Look at the date/time of the last scan for each one.  The one with the OLDEST most recent scan would be the one to remove 🙂
Hi again, I scanned the computer that will eventually be replaced per your guidance, but when I checked the Webroot monitor, it did not show any scans being made for the one I just made. Both records show scans being made on November 16 (yesterday). Could it be that the scans are only recorded for the previous day, so I have to wait until Monday (Nov 18) before seeing the scan made today?  Thanks
Userlevel 7
It can take up to 30 minutes for the Console data to update.  It should show the updated scan time shortly.