turn off Personal Security Report - This is very annoying. How can I stop this from popping up?

• 21 June 2016
  • 7 replies

How to stop this Personal Security Report from showing up. This is one of the reasons I chose Webroot - my last AV was bugging me too much. I don't need a regular report - ever. thx

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi mrmikewaugh

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I am afraid that this is an oft raised issue and unfortunately there is no granular control avaialble to user re. this feature. There is an existing Feature Request requesting the provision of this feature and so to get your comments noticed by the Development Team please head over to the webpage (HERE) and add them there/kudo the request if you feel like doing so.

What you can try in the interim is click to view the Report; I have found that doing that usually results in it not appearing again until the next time it is published. This does not work for everyone but may for you so is worth a try if you have not already...;)

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
If it's popping up too often (i.e. more than every month or so) then please let support know as this is a bug and not the intended behavior.
Userlevel 7
Hi Nic

I don't know about popping up too often...I think that I have seen one such report in the last 6 months or so...so with me it is the case of it NOT popping up often enough...;)

I really think that Development should consider moving on that Feature Request...itis one of the most requested ones. ;);)

Regards, Baldrick
thx to all who replied. It just seems annoying that ANY report pops that I can't control. Even monthly is too much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yeah I'm with you - I've been giving that feedback to the devs repeatedly.
Userlevel 7
Hi Nic

Thanks for being a direct conduit...let's hope that they take this onboard. ;)

Regards, Baldrick
Badge +3
I'm getting this every day, even after I've clicked to see it.

I should never HAVE to click to see it. I should be able to turn it off. Best bet would be to put a button on the Webroot main panel to send us there IF we so wish to. I got webroot to help remove unwanted stuff like this.