This may be a duplicate post. I tried posting a few minutes ago, but it didn't show up so I'm trying again . . .
I just moved to Webroot AV a few days ago. It's loaded on a Windows 7 desktop computer with a hard-wired modem (no router, no wi-fi), I'm the only one that has access to the computer, and everything was fine with the initial install. This morning I went to look at the Program files in C: drive (WRSA.exe), but could not open the files. I made sure any of the 'protect against process termination' or 'protect against process tampering' etc. options were unchecked in the Webroot dashboard. I went back to WRSA.exe and tried 'Run as Administrator', went to Properties ---> Security ---> and made sure 'Full control' access was enabled, but nothing worked.
At that point I uninstalled Webroot from the computer and reinstalled it. This time I unchecked the self-defense box (can't remember the exact wording) that's located under 'Installation Options' when loading the software. I cleared cookies and cache, then shut down the computer for a couple of hours. Fired up the computer with the modem unplugged (read: no Internet access), went through all the steps outlined above but still could not access the WRSA.exe files.
What am I missing?
Thanks for your help.
Best answer by Ssherjj
It's going from bad to worse.
Now I don't even have access to the settings dashbord via the icon that was in the Notification Area of the taskbar. The only way I can see Webroot is there is if I right click a folder or file and select 'Scan with Webroot'. Then it starts scanning.
Can someone please let me know why there's no longer access to the settings dashboard?
Welcome to the Webroot Community,
Sorry to hear you are having all these issues. Would you follow these exact instructions to uninstall/reinstall Webroot. Also did you Deactivate Webroot on other system before transferring Webroot?
Please follow the steps closely!
- Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
- Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
- KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
- Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
- Uninstall WSA and Reboot
- Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
- Let it finish it's install scan
- Reboot once again