Unable to Uninstall

• 29 June 2017
  • 2 replies

I have recently taken over management of a few PC's from a previous service provider.  Apparently they had a Webroot SecureAnywhere account and installed it on all of these machines.  We no longer have access to that account or those licenses but we're unable to uninstall/remove Webroot.

I've followed every guide I can find and NOTHING will uninstall it.  Even when it said it's successfully removed, after a reboot it's all back and running again.  When I try WRSA.exe -uninstall, I get "SecureAnywhere is currently managed by the Web Console and all changes need to be applied centrally" ... of course I don't have access to the Web Console.

How do I just remove the software... that's all I want to do.  The WRUpgradeTool said it successfully uninstalled everything, but of course, it did not.

Thanks!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
@ wrote:
I have recently taken over management of a few PC's from a previous service provider.  Apparently they had a Webroot SecureAnywhere account and installed it on all of these machines.  We no longer have access to that account or those licenses but we're unable to uninstall/remove Webroot.

I've followed every guide I can find and NOTHING will uninstall it.  Even when it said it's successfully removed, after a reboot it's all back and running again.  When I try WRSA.exe -uninstall, I get "SecureAnywhere is currently managed by the Web Console and all changes need to be applied centrally" ... of course I don't have access to the Web Console.

How do I just remove the software... that's all I want to do.  The WRUpgradeTool said it successfully uninstalled everything, but of course, it did not.

Thanks!
Hello
If neither of the methods above is successful, please repeat the steps in Windows Safe Mode.
WRUpgradeTool does not support new versions
Badge +8
@ wrote:

Thanks!
Hello jdiana-grn,

Of course, if you still are having problems, the Webroot Support Team certainly can help you. 

Support Number: 1-866-612-4227 M-F 7am?6pm MT , although you are no longer a customer, if you explain the situation, they can assist you. 

Please write back and let us know if you were successful or if you still need help. It is important for other users to know which solution works best.

Many thanks,
Theresa