Solved

Unable to uninstall Webroot SecurityAnywhere

• 15 April 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

I’ve taken over the managment of a 2012 R2 server which has Webroot SECURITYAnywhere installed.  It will not uninstall nor can I open the console or close the application.  The previous provider hasn’t been very forthcoming on it’s removal.

When i run "C:\Program Files (x86)\Webroot\WRSA.exe" -uninstall it prompts me to uninstall which I say Yes to, I enter the characters when prompted Webroot doesn't uninstall.

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 15 April 2020, 22:44

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @bhouser 

See here to uninstall: https://community.webroot.com/tech-talk-7/can-t-uninstall-webroot-secureanywhere-on-windows-10-342780#post355262

Thanks,

Badge +3

Thanks for the link but my install IS in the (x86) folder.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

That’s very unusual so you would add the x86 and try in Safe Mode with Networking.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Webroot\WRSA.exe" -uninstall
Badge +3

I haven’t rebooted my server into Safemode to remove the AV software.  We are mostly working remotely so if this is the only official way to remove it I’ll have to schedule an outage to go onsite to complete the work. 

I just find it frustrating that it prompts me if I want to uninstall, asks me for characters to uninstall and then doesn’t actually uninstall.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Well you could Submit a Support Ticket as they might have another way or a tool.