Solved

Uninstall Geek Squad SecureAnywhere and re-Install throught Webroot

• 10 July 2014
  • 9 replies

I would like to uninstall my expired geeksquad SecrureAnywhere and reinstall directly from webroot. 

I actually paid to renew, but it turns out that I have to wait for my credit card to be billed, and it says it will be billed tomorrow.  Thats two days from when I paid to renew and it's now expired and disabled kind of slimey considering after paying it said it was now set to automatically renew.  So I canceled and decided to install directly through webroot.   

I've heard it can be difficult and dangerous to uninstall. 

There are instructions here, Installation Support, but nothing specific for the geek squad version. 

I was hoping someone here knows someting about this.  GeekSquad technical support didn't have any tips to give me.

I am using Windows 8.

Thanks 
icon

Best answer by nic 10 July 2014, 21:39

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Uninstalling isn't dangerous, so you can safely uninstall that version and install the Webroot version.  In fact one of the first things we recommend when troubleshooting is an uninstall and re-install to make sure everything is setup properly.  If you have any trouble uninstalling through the control panel just let us know and we'll help out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Welcome tAllan... Welcome to the Community! @ shouldn't tAllan deactivate in the console?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Welcome tAllan... Welcome to the Community! @ shouldn't tAllan deactivate in the console?
I don't know that he has to deactivate it, but he can add the new keycode to his existing console.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
I don't know that he has to deactivate it, but he can add the new keycode to his existing console.
Thank you nic I believe that to be true also!

For more information tAllan you can do a clean install here:
  • Make sure you have a copy of your Keycode
  • KEEP the computer online for all of the following steps
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your keycode and don't import any settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again

Userlevel 7
Hi tAllan

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I would just add, to all the excellent advice already provided, that we are assuming that you are using the Antivirus version as you have posted in the Antivirus forum.  If you are using a version with the Password Manager and use it then you will need to ask Support to transfer you Password data from your old to new keycode, as that data is keyed by the keycode.

I only mention it as we have in the past have had some new members get confused with which forum they should post in and we would like to make sure that is not the case here.

All the best

Baldrick
I'm on a Mac and unable to uninstall this program.  I've used a third party uninstaller without success, tried dragging and dropping to trash without success.  Help!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Please have a look here to uninstall Webroot on a Mac.  http://www5.nohold.net/Webroot/ukp.aspx?pid=12&app=vw&vw=1&login=1&json=1&solutionid=1992&

Edit: If you used a third party uninstaller you might need to submit a Support Ticket which is free of charge with an active subscription to have a look.

Let us know if you need more help!
I need help uninstalling this sofware. geek squa secure anywhere. It appears under my apps and when i click uninstall it redirects me to control panel>uninstall programs but it doesn't show in that list. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Please have a look here at this KB Article https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/PC-Uninstallation-Option-Missing-from-Control-Panel/ta-p/34688

Pease note that this needs to be run with Administrator privileges for it to be successful.  To do this you should called up a command prompt (enter 'cmd'...without apostrophes...in the Strart Menu search field) and then right click on the 'cmd' option listed in return.  From the context menu displayed select 'Run as administrator' which should open a command prompt into which you can type/paste the commandline above.

EDIT: ? To reinstall with Webroot. Please follow below:

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for the install to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot

Let us know if you need more help