• 10 March 2012
  • 74 replies

Show first post

74 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @,

Welcome to the Community Forum,

Sorry for your issues. Please follow instructions below.

For Windows 8:
  1. Move your cursor to the bottom right of the screen to open the Charm Bar menu.  
  2. Click Search, then type the following into the Start Search bar, exactly as it appears below. Note: This path is for the default location. If you installed the program elsewhere, be sure to modify the path accordingly. "C:Program FilesWebrootWRSA.exe" –uninstall  
  3. Press the Enter key on your keyboard.  
  4. When prompted to uninstall, click Yes.
If neither of the methods above is successful, please repeat the steps in Windows Safe Mode.  We recommend you print these instructions, then click here for information on starting your computer in Safe Mode.

EDITED: You can also Contact the Support Team and they will get this fixed for you!

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards,
Nothing.  Their algorythm is self-replicating.  Even THEY can't tell what's wrong, and have been dodging by asking WHERE they got it from!  I'm about ready to start a class action suit, unless it's gone from my computer, very, very soon.
I have a Surface Pro 3, running Windows 8.1.  After trying to remove webroot software,  I have discovered that it does not remove.  I have followed every suggestion given.  IT DOES NOT REMOVE.  I am extremely busy and do not have time to fool with this contention program.  Please give some information that will help.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I recently deleted Webroot Secure Anywhere, yet upon restarting my computer a window pops up asking  me if I started this program to continue and the program is Webroot. also Webroot is still running in my processes and I cannot delete it, it says I don't have enough permission to do that and I am the administrator of my laptop. I think this program colected a virus and now I believe it is what keeps my windows security from updating. What am I to do outside of just trashing my laptop?
Klewis5096
The Webroot Support group will be more than happy to take a look at your computer for you, and they are among the best in the industry. Please create a support ticket HERE and let them get it fixed up for you. 
I recently deleted Webroot Secure Anywhere, yet upon restarting my computer a window pops up asking  me if I started this program to continue and the program is Webroot. also Webroot is still running in my processes and I cannot delete it, it says I don't have enough permission to do that and I am the administrator of my laptop. I think this program colected a virus and now I believe it is what keeps my windows security from updating. What am I to do outside of just trashing my laptop?
Klewis5096
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I have been having the same issue with webroot. I uninstalled and every time I would start up my computer I would get the pop up asking for webroot to make changes. It was so frustrating because why would I want a program that I uninstalled making changes to my computer?! I don't know if what I did will solve everyone's issue but it works good enough for me, no more pop ups! All I did was open my task manager go to the startup tab and disable webroot. NO MORE POPUPS!! Good luck!
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

Have you tried to contact support via the ticket system so they can gather Scan logs and other logs to let you know what's happening? If you would like to install WSA again and Submit a Support Ticket as this sounds unusual for WSA and personally I have not seen this.

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Hi kmwalsh213

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Sorry to hear that you are having an issue with WSA and so have tried to uninstall.  It sounds like when you have tried to uninstall WSA the process has not been a complete success so have you tried the approach suggested by Daniel (TH) in his last post in this thread.

It has resolved some particularly sticky installs and I would recommend that you try it if you really want to remove WSA from your system.

Regards

Baldrick
I have been having the same issue with webroot. I uninstalled and every time I would start up my computer I would get the pop up asking for webroot to make changes. It was so frustrating because why would I want a program that I uninstalled making changes to my computer?! I don't know if what I did will solve everyone's issue but it works good enough for me, no more pop ups! All I did was open my task manager go to the startup tab and disable webroot. NO MORE POPUPS!! Good luck!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Before trying this option please make sure you have a copy of your keycode then uninstall: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/PC-Uninstallation-Option-Missing-from-Control-Panel-and-Start/ta-p/34688

Also before doing anything please tell us where you got your copy of WSA from so we can give the correct instructions to install the correct version of WSA!

Thanks again,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I have read all the post about getting webroot out of your computer. I tryed to apply all the info and I cannot seem to even find the files in the C panel?  I know I made up a pass code and got a screen up and posted the key code? But the files you listed just are no where to be found in my computer?  Did it not down load or are they just very hidden?  I just installed this program today and had a lot of problems and when I called the customer service got a person in Indian! I hate that, they are nice people but their dialect is so hard to understand and the dude ended up hanging up on me, because I kept asking for a person in the USA!  So, what do I do now? I don't want to contact them back, unless there is no other way!  email me please: ~snip Removed Email Address for Security Reasons snip~   Thanks
I edited all posts to remove your email address please don't post it in the open Community as you could get spammed! And please reply to Sherry's questions so that we can help you!

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Jim, if you are still helping people get rid of webroot on their computers I just made a post about mine! I just ordered this today and have had nothing but problems! In the C panel I cannot even find the files for Webroot? I am not sure if I am not searching in the right place or if it did not down load or what? I requested a refund, but I need to get this out of my system before it causes problems! eme please::::
Hello taxi7lady,

Would you like to try to redownload your product version and make sure you have your keycode ready for the reinstallation? Is this WSA from BestBuy or Webroot?

Would this be an option for you to try downloading WSA again? Because we'd really like to help you get this sorted!

Please let us know because we are very knowledgable Community Froum Volunteers here and are willing to help in anyway we can!;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
I have read all the post about getting webroot out of your computer. I tryed to apply all the info and I cannot seem to even find the files in the C panel?  I know I made up a pass code and got a screen up and posted the key code? But the files you listed just are no where to be found in my computer?  Did it not down load or are they just very hidden?  I just installed this program today and had a lot of problems and when I called the customer service got a person in Indian! I hate that, they are nice people but their dialect is so hard to understand and the dude ended up hanging up on me, because I kept asking for a person in the USA!  So, what do I do now? I don't want to contact them back, unless there is no other way!  email me please   Thanks
Welcome taxi7lady! To our Community Forum! Sorry for your problems!

So Please help us to help you by giving us some more information. Did you purchase from Best Buy Geek Squad if so here is the number and download a link to BestBuy Geek Squad and there Support number is 1.800.Geeksquad, If you want to try and contact our Technical Support team here:

Please be patient and we will get this all sorted!

Thank you,

Jim, if you are still helping people get rid of webroot on their computers I just made a post about mine! I just ordered this today and have had nothing but problems! In the C panel I cannot even find the files for Webroot? I am not sure if I am not searching in the right place or if it did not down load or what? I requested a refund, but I need to get this out of my system before it causes problems! eme please::::
I have read all the post about getting webroot out of your computer. I tryed to apply all the info and I cannot seem to even find the files in the C panel?  I know I made up a pass code and got a screen up and posted the key code? But the files you listed just are no where to be found in my computer?  Did it not down load or are they just very hidden?  I just installed this program today and had a lot of problems and when I called the customer service got a person in Indian! I hate that, they are nice people but their dialect is so hard to understand and the dude ended up hanging up on me, because I kept asking for a person in the USA!  So, what do I do now? I don't want to contact them back, unless there is no other way!  email me please: ~snip Removed Email Address for Security Reasons snip~   Thanks
Userlevel 7
I do agree, Beth...I to find it hard to understand why one would want to uninstall WSA given how good it is...but then again once I first started using KIS I would have been very surprised if someone had told me that I would ever use something else.  Plus I am one of the people who just seem at odds with McAfee...ever since day one whenever I have installed it it seems to screw up my system...no matter what I have tried yet I know that in the past a lot of people have used it verys successfully.

Sometimes one could imagine that PCs are almost human and have dislikes just like us...LOL.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
Respectfully, Beth, the point being made here is that in some cases...and I have experienced it...despite trying to run the uninstaller WSA will not install whatever you try that is normal and what is being suggested previously is for those cases. I have in a couple of cases in the past had to get Support to remote onto my system to check out why and resolve it.

There may be some cases of being able to unistall and then there are left overs in the Startup Folder...but I have never seen that occurreance.  What is a well known fact is that there are a number of other leftovers left...if yo uget my drift, in various folder on a system after WSA has been uninstalled...and I think that there is even an article somewhere that covers off all the locations to check for left overs if an uninstall has not gone well or there is strange behaviour after that.

If none of the advice providedd by all contributors has the desired effect...which may well happen occassionally then the best approach is to Open that Support Ticket.

Luckily in the last couple of years I have not had an occurrence but prior to that it was fairly regular so I am hoping that the no show on this issue means that the Development Team have managed to improve the standard uninstall process..

Regards, Baldrick
Yep, support ticket and I did advise that for additional assistance.

I too am using the beta, also used the Best Buy version, Plus and Complete. I am fortunate that I never had an issue uninstalling any including when being advised by tech support to do an uninstall/reinstall to solve issues.

Thinking back to when I had SpySweeper and Window Washer, I dont recall having any issues uninstalling those either.

There will always be new things that come up, impossible to predict all scenerios and someone can install WSA for the 1st time and experience something new..

So I agree that there should not be any issues with uninstalling WSA now. But I can not understand why anyone would want to unintall for good. Each to their own I guess!

Beth
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Correct and thanks Solly and being Beta Testers since the very beginning of WSA even before it ever came out until the fall of 2011 we seen and helped Joe fix many things that others may not even of known.

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Respectfully, Beth, the point being made here is that in some cases...and I have experienced it...despite trying to run the uninstaller WSA will not install whatever you try that is normal and what is being suggested previously is for those cases. I have in a couple of cases in the past had to get Support to remote onto my system to check out why and resolve it.

There may be some cases of being able to unistall and then there are left overs in the Startup Folder...but I have never seen that occurreance.  What is a well known fact is that there are a number of other leftovers left...if yo uget my drift, in various folder on a system after WSA has been uninstalled...and I think that there is even an article somewhere that covers off all the locations to check for left overs if an uninstall has not gone well or there is strange behaviour after that.

If none of the advice providedd by all contributors has the desired effect...which may well happen occassionally then the best approach is to Open that Support Ticket.

Luckily in the last couple of years I have not had an occurrence but prior to that it was fairly regular so I am hoping that the no show on this issue means that the Development Team have managed to improve the standard uninstall process..

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 6
No you cant. As your images show, but you have not uninstalled WSA.. Your system has WSA installed.

The instructions I gave was to uninstall WSA 1st and after the uninstall completes check the start folder.

After uninstalling, that file rarely remains active in the start folder. On rare occassions it has happened.

Just something that was told to me on a recent visit to Best Buy!  Thats what worked for him. 😉,

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Also you can't kill wrsa.exe processes via Task Manager because of WSA's self protection it will always restart or will not allow to be killed. I would do as Baldrick suggested and if that does not work try it in Safe Mode, again if that doesn't work, in Normal mode install WSA over top and reboot and try to uninstall again.

HTH,

Daniel ;)

Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
Hi Mrlovkim

Just to add to what Beth stated...you may need to run the C:Program FilesWebrootWRSA.exe" –uninstall recommeded, with elevated privileges.  The easiest way to to that is to open a CMD prompt (type cmd in the Search window and from the list presented right click on 'Command Prompt' selecting 'Run as Adminstrator' from the displayed context menu) and then type the recommeded command in before pressing Enter.

The reason I mention this is that there have been cases in the past where the recommeded command does not work unless run as Adminstrator.

Hopefully you have been able to uninstall WSA but if not and the above suggestion does not help further then please Open a Support Ticket as this situation is not normal and it is best to leave the issue resolution to the professionals.

Regards

Baldrick
Thank you Baldrick, for the compliment, I did have that covered in my post, I do appreciate your input and looking out for me
I didnt mention the  elavated priviledge.as my last communication with tech support on that recently,  they did not tell me to do that. Trying to keep it simple as I do not know the OP's technical level.
Thanks again!
Beth
@MaspeekCfar wrote:
@ wrote:
I have windows 8.1 and I cant get rid of WRSA either. please help
Welcome to the community Mrlovkim,

Sorry to hear that you want to uninstall WSA. You do have the best security protection having WSA installed.

If you have not been able to remove WSA through programs and features, try this:

Move your cursor to the bottom right of the screen to open the Charm Bar menu.

Click Search,  type C:Program FilesWebrootWRSA.exe" –uninstall into the search bar.
You can copy an paste that if you lik, but.  if you installed WSA elsewhere, enter that path

Press the Enter 
When prompted to uninstall, click Yes.
You may be asked to enter a captcha, do so and WSA will uninstall.

Open the task bar and click on startup
If entries appear for Webroot, disable them. The entry for WRSA is indicated by the red arrow.

If you right click on the Webroot entry in the startup, if it is there, you will see the option tom open file location. Once WSA is unistalled you can delete the wrsa.exe if it is still there

If you need further assistance, please submit a support ticket.

Beth

Userlevel 7
Hi Mrlovkim

Just to add to what Beth stated...you may need to run the C:Program FilesWebrootWRSA.exe" –uninstall recommeded, with elevated privileges.  The easiest way to to that is to open a CMD prompt (type cmd in the Search window and from the list presented right click on 'Command Prompt' selecting 'Run as Adminstrator' from the displayed context menu) and then type the recommeded command in before pressing Enter.

The reason I mention this is that there have been cases in the past where the recommeded command does not work unless run as Adminstrator.

Hopefully you have been able to uninstall WSA but if not and the above suggestion does not help further then please Open a Support Ticket as this situation is not normal and it is best to leave the issue resolution to the professionals.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
Welcome to the community Mrlovkim,

Sorry to hear that you want to uninstall WSA. You do have the best security protection having WSA installed.

If you have not been able to remove WSA through programs and features, try this:

Move your cursor to the bottom right of the screen to open the Charm Bar menu.

Click Search,  type C:Program FilesWebrootWRSA.exe" –uninstall into the search bar.
You can copy an paste that if you lik, but.  if you installed WSA elsewhere, enter that path

Press the Enter 
When prompted to uninstall, click Yes.
You may be asked to enter a captcha, do so and WSA will uninstall.

Open the task bar and click on startup
If entries appear for Webroot, disable them. The entry for WRSA is indicated by the red arrow.

If you right click on the Webroot entry in the startup, if it is there, you will see the option tom open file location. Once WSA is unistalled you can delete the wrsa.exe if it is still there

If you need further assistance, please submit a support ticket.

Beth
Hi all, just wanted to update y'all. It's still installed, but that's ok. It finally stopped working exactly two months after the initial expiration date. No more annoying pop-up warning though, just the little window lower right that shows all red Xs next to the functions that no longer work now and fades quickly away after startup and log in. 

I hope I don't have another problem wiht the AVG software I downloaded. Heh, heh. Ya gets what ya pay for. Take care folks.